presonus phone support is the worst phone support i have ever seen.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have nothing but hate for presonus when it comes to there incredibly awful phone support. it is 200 percent non existent. anybody that think there going to reach somebody on the other end of the line is dreaming.

hopefully someone will read this at Presonus...I know when I had troubles with my firestudio years ago after posting here things were resolved post haste...they even put me on the beta team for studio 1 but it was not a good time in my life so I dropped out...perhaps a little birdie will drop someone at Presonus a note ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hi Astral,

Sorry you had problems getting through to us.

Probably the best thing to do is open a support ticket at my.presonus.com once you have logged in and someone will contact you as soon as possible. We would be glad to help.

Kind Regards,
Rick
Rick Naqvi
rnaqvi@presonus.com

look, i love your studio one, but presonus phone support is not a matter of having trouble. its non existent. and has always been so. i have called presonus like 5 times altogether. the first 4 times months ago and again today. nobody picks up the phone. what does happen is presonus says to leave a number which they can call you back. if they call you back when you leave that number well who knows?

but if one wants to wait, presonus in a recorded message while on hold says something like, please wait the next support representative will be with you shorty. then you wait, this is said more times, and then another hold message that says something like, your call is important to us,while you are on hold, remember every call is just as important.

then you hear the same representative will be with you shortly until you're call times out after a half hour where they force the caller to hang up. if by rare chance you make it to level 2 you get the same message a rep will be with you shortly, you get excited, then all audio goes out. your still on hold, but now your at the mercy of the representative. in the seven times i called i got to level 2 once. the rest of the time they just told me my hold time was up and kicked me off the phone.

steinberg while not offering direct phone support, but email-phone support. at least there honest and don't try to pretend they offer phone support when they really do not except after an email has been sent. presonus seems to have so few tech support reps that one could comfortably say there phone support is non existant.

AstralExistence wrote:i have nothing but hate for presonus when it comes to there incredibly awful phone support. it is 200 percent non existent. anybody that think there going to reach somebody on the other end of the line is dreaming.
why do you think they named the company "presonus" ??? it's only consequent !!! :o
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Filling their borderline insulting form to get support is not any better.
In my experience, they take a week or more to respond, and the answer is absolutely clueless. Pretty sure not a single support rep as an IQ above 100 (Maybe I was just unlucky). By the time they answer, you have found a workaround out of desperation by yourself. I just don't bother anymore.

ricknaqvi wrote:Hi Astral,

Sorry you had problems getting through to us.

Probably the best thing to do is open a support ticket at my.presonus.com once you have logged in and someone will contact you as soon as possible. We would be glad to help.

Kind Regards,
Rick
Last time I tried that I got this:

"We see you are located outside of the United States of America. Please contact the local distributor in your area for assistance with any technical or sales oriented issues you are experiencing."

My response to that:
"One of the advantages with S1 just vanished - close to developers support.

Why was this not redistributed to local dealer right away then - one wonders.
Someone that picks up where you left off.

Now there will be dozens of middle men obstructing info on what went wrong.

What you are saying is - get lost - we take responsibility for us only."

And further from Presonus:
"I apologize for any frustration this causes. Our policy is to ensure that international customers receive support from their local distributors, who are certainly able to help you out. At PreSonus USA, we simply do not have the resources to support the globe, which is why support internationally is in the hands of said distributors. Please contact your local distributor from the list I sent you and they'll be happy to assist you."

And this was a bugreport from me.So this will go through local music store - then to distributor(Luthman Scandinavia in this case)- and then possibly to Presonus - and get fixed.

Like that ever is going to happend.

Studio One is abandonware for me.

Can't be as bad as Microsoft phone "support" - I gave up trying to get an activation code for MS Office Mac due to constantly getting the run around.

aMUSEd wrote:Can't be as bad as Microsoft phone "support" - I gave up trying to get an activation code for MS Office Mac due to constantly getting the run around.
last time i called microsoft because of an activation code it was an automatic process. pretty straight afair.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Can't be as bad as Microsoft phone "support" - I gave up trying to get an activation code for MS Office Mac due to constantly getting the run around.
last time i called microsoft because of an activation code it was an automatic process. pretty straight afair.
Not for me, the problem is they never gave me an activation code so I can't authorise it offline, I can only authorise it (temporarily) online by logging into my 365 account.

You have to listen to it, not look at it.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Nice to see Rick chimes in, so at least someone at Presonus is reading this.

I`m reminded at times when Jonathan was involved as a forum bridge
between company and users
and also doing a great job on the worldwide support.

At the time of S1.v1 I was experimenting with the Pro version
and whenever I had a problem, Jonathan was quickly present with a reply nailing the issue.

To me, this is a crucial fundament to maintain a user base in the long term
and I really wonder about the direction Presonus goes.

This can be adressed to other company decisions as well, like

- have they dropped beta testers as well ? Since v2 I feel like a beta tester myself ...
on one update the loop preview and song tempo is out of sync, on another one all is well,
just to see on the next update they are out of sync again ?

- very fundamental quirks, requested to be fixed since v1.0,
like the unsynced ordering between arrangement and mixing console are simply ignored.

- updates are weighted towards marketing strategies than user based requests, like
social media integration (like presonus at Facebook for the good karma),
nimbit (Presonus is making money on the price cut) etc etc etc

I can continue ad infinitum, the list is long enough to write a novel ...
but who is going to read this ? A German local distributor ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

presonus phone support is the worst phone support i have ever seen.
Why do anyone wanna see phone support? :?

Because there could be lovely ladies on the other side of the line? :hihi:

Obviously by calling somebody the main point is that you wanna hear them right :clown:

ricknaqvi wrote:Hi Astral,
We would be glad to help.
Kind Regards,
Rick
rick the last thing i want to do is cause any problems for presonus as i have owned nearly every daw except motu dp8 which after demoing, decided i don't like. studio one v2 is the best daw i have ever used, and i just bought an presonus usb audiobox (it did give me some serious noise issues which many others have also experienced, but i found out the cause (too close yo electronic circuitry) and now it works great) but i do wish in the future that i can depend on presonus phone support.

how you guys solve that issue, hiring more tech reps, using out of country tech reps, etc. etc. is up to you. but at this point, i personally believe that presonus phone support is simply a gimmick and way to make presonus appeal to a wider audience. who doesn't love free phone tech support.

i think you already know, as well as other presonus employee, left unsaid, and discovered by presonus customers, that at this point in time, your phone support is awful and very unreliable. and your email tech support is nearly as bad as others have said. your company needs to figure out how to fix this. until you do, expect many more posts and complaints in the future.

if presonus put as much effort and company presence in monitoring, and defending online complaints, as they do in online support request that would be a step forward.

I just wanted to drop in and say the the email Support is not better either. just my experience. tried it several times. it's a pitty, it was such a promising Software, but I doubt that it will get mature ever... :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”