What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Gamma-UT
KVRAF

2516 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:55 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

robojam wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:"When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl ... e-27002461

What. The. F*ck.

Tory as usual...incredible how out of touch with reality some people really are.

They're on a roll this week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-27034445

Top marks to the mayor for digging the hole even deeper afterwards. Here's a clue mate, the problem isn't just with the word...
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

7370 posts since 2 Apr, 2002, from Austin, Texas, USA

Postby SyntheticAurality; Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

My shrimp toast contained no shrimp! :tantrum:
I want my money back! :tantrum:
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

Postby SyntheticAurality; Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:23 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Gamma-UT wrote:
robojam wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:"When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl ... e-27002461

What. The. F*ck.

Tory as usual...incredible how out of touch with reality some people really are.

They're on a roll this week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-27034445

Top marks to the mayor for digging the hole even deeper afterwards. Here's a clue mate, the problem isn't just with the word...

What a bunch of f**ktards. That's something I'd expect from Republicans over here.

I'm starting to believe what my Dad told me - real change only happens when the old guard die off. :neutral: :neutral:
vurt
addled muppet weed

33622 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:24 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

SyntheticAurality wrote:My shrimp toast contained no shrimp! :tantrum:

what the hell is shrimp toast?
thats one american delicacy that hasnt made it here as far as i know :hihi:
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21386 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

vurt wrote:

Its like ordinary toast, but very very small.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

774 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:46 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

They do prawn toast at the local chinese takeaway, I'm guessing it's somehwat similar.

Pretty sure there's not much in the way of actual prawns in that either. Not at the cheap & nasty takeaway near us anyway!
If it takes a week each day to walk a fortnight, the number of apples in a bunch of grapes is a banana the size of green.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:

:hihi:

its not small, its just far away...
experimental.crow
KVRAF

4792 posts since 9 Mar, 2003

Postby experimental.crow; Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:07 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:

i'll be sending you the invoice for the new keyboard ...
the old one was inundated with partially swallowed coffee ...
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF

Postby SyntheticAurality; Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:

I see you've had it before! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Compyfox
KVRAF

11226 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Not really pissed off, but rather annoyed me a bit...

There is this one children play-kitchen by Ikea, called DUKTIG:
http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/S49874533/

This one uses a battery powered fake ceran stove that needs 6x AA batteries. I was like "it's 9Volt, why not create an adapter so that it won't waste batteries".

So I tried alligator clamps and a 9Volt battery. Turned out, that it didn't work. I opened up this ceran stove (it's easily dismantable), took a closer look. Realized that it should work in theory: an IC for switching on each cooking area separately, a couple of capacitors and resistors and rectifiers...

Then it dawned on me... why did this system need two positives and only one negative?

Well... they created a some sort of parallel bus system. One 9Volt battery alone doesn't produce enough juice to get that thing to run. But having several basic 500mA batteries in parallel (actually 2 AA in parallel to 6 in series, with only 6 batteries) - so that should be around 1-2A if I'm not mistaken). On top of the ampere usage (again, if I'm not mistaken), the system actually pics up at the 3V point (running through 2 AA's from one global negative to the first postive pick up point) and the 9V point (running through six batteries from global negative to the second postive pick up point) rather than one single 9V.

Interesting, but creating an adapter for a 9Volt battery or even an external PSU would be a PITA and so not worth it.

At least I got that whole thing (the lower half of this children kitchen) for free due to a clear-out session. So I won't critisize... just annoyed me a bit that I couldn't McGuyver an adapter or something.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:27 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

getting shit from my girlfriend because she walked in and found me in bed with another woman :x
now, before you all start thinking the worst of me and pointing out she is well within her rights to give me all the shit she wants for this, i would like to point out that where this occurred was in her dream :x yes im getting shit now for something she imagined :x
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21386 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

vurt wrote:getting shit from my girlfriend because she walked in and found me in bed with another woman :x
now, before you all start thinking the worst of me and pointing out she is well within her rights to give me all the shit she wants for this, i would like to point out that where this occurred was in her dream :x yes im getting shit now for something she imagined :x

and you thought that was a viable defence? tsk.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
werp
KVRian

1018 posts since 14 Aug, 2012, from Australia

Postby werp; Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

vurt wrote:getting shit from my girlfriend because she walked in and found me in bed with another woman :x

Well, she did wake up in a wet spot....
My avatar is fat and lazy, I'm 11 pixels narrower but just as lazy.
Compyfox
KVRAF

11226 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

Maybe as apology, she should bake you cookies?
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 am Re: What has pissed you off today?

i can think of a few things id rather she did than bake me cookies, shutting the eff up about something that happened in her head would be at the top of the list!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic