Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to pop in and say that I got Rumble and Fanfare in this deal. Both showed up in a timely manner, installed fine, and activated without incident. No problems whatsoever, so add me to the tally of positives. BTW, after playing around awhile on these sets, they are excellent libraries! So hopefully, the few people that are having problems can get it all sorted out and start enjoying their purchase.

trying to send out some positive vibes.

-Brad

Okay, received Rumble and Fanfare. Rumble installed and registered fine, Fanfare .. not so much. Got the dreaded 'already registered in another user account' response. So I'm off to call MF and see about getting this sorted.

Purchased Rumble and Fanfare from Musician's Friend (shipped from Kansas City).

Fanfare did not register. Reported by NI Service Center as already registered to another user account.

Rumble did register.

Also, I should add; both packages were sealed and had a thin layer of dust on the top.

astonisher wrote:Yea, I mentioned that there seemed to be quite a few people experiencing this issue and what if the new box is also invalid? They just said to call again if that happened and they'd sort me out.

So it seems like they plan to keep sending boxes until one works? Hopefully this one is it though.
So what happens when they run out of boxes :?:

6 bad to 4 good. Anyone else care to share? Mine won't be here for another week...

So is MF asking you to ship the duds back? Are they paying for it?

audientronic wrote:So is MF asking you to ship the duds back? Are they paying for it?
No, MF are eating everything, like the good company that they are.

I also believe it's someone far closer to the top of the production line who has been distributing these serial numbers. Notice that it has happened only to the severely discounted libraries, as related by Sample Logic's e-mail:

"I would suggest returning your copy and purchasing directly from us.

We no longer support Musicians Friend or Guitar Center since they have decided to mark Fanfare off -90% of our MSRP just to turn extra profit and the overwhelming profit they already have made from us. "

There are a number of companies who actions have irrevocably damaged their reputations, but this issue, coupled with the fact that they can suggest returning their product for a refund from another seller, yet refuse to refund a library purchased directly simply put them in the "too much trouble" category. There are far too many choices of equal or better quality and value from companies I actually like.

Uncle E wrote:Zero-G Morphology for $29.99 with coupon code "MORPH". If you've got Kontakt, this is a nice budget alternative to Omnisphere:

http://zero-glimited.createsend1.com/t/ ... djiklwh-i/
The problem with buying Zero-G downloads is that the interface is not included, like it is when buying the DVD hardcopy. This is because the download isn't Kontakt Player compatible I think.

Morphology is a nice lib, I'm a huge fan of Ian Boddy, but it's a downer that many patches are not multisampled.

At 29 dollars it is an OK bargain for those of us who like ambient, drones, and sound effects. But it doesn't replace Omnisphere in anyway.

Numanoid wrote:The problem with buying Zero-G downloads is that the interface is not included, like it is when buying the DVD hardcopy. This is because the download isn't Kontakt Player compatible I think.
Correct. It also doesn't come up as a Kontakt Library the way the DVD version does.
Morphology is a nice lib, I'm a huge fan of Ian Boddy, but it's a downer that many patches are not multisampled.
Neither is Spectrasonics' Distorted Reality, my other favorite source of otherwordly sounds.
At 29 dollars it is an OK bargain for those of us who like ambient, drones, and sound effects. But it doesn't replace Omnisphere in anyway.
It often does for me but that may be because I don't use Omnisphere as my bread and butter synth like so many other people do.

Numanoid wrote:
Uncle E wrote:Zero-G Morphology for $29.99 with coupon code "MORPH". If you've got Kontakt, this is a nice budget alternative to Omnisphere:

The problem with buying Zero-G downloads is that the interface is not included, like it is when buying the DVD hardcopy. This is because the download isn't Kontakt Player compatible I think.

I've purchased some of these Ian Boddy Libraries in the past and they're ... to put it bluntly ... crap. Very disappointing. Just now I've loaded an ''instrument'' from Ian Boddy's Radiophonica. It consists of one sample mapped across the entire keyboard. Play a low pitch and the sample plays slow. Play a high pitch and the sample plays fast. Utter crap in this day and age. No scripting. No particular reason to have it wrapped inside Kontakt. No, you'd be better off buying an up to date ambient loop pack instead imho. You can even ''map'' the samples from the pack exactly like Ian Boddy did ... if you really want to.

NB; No disrespect meant towards Ian. He's a legendary figure in the music business. The pack I've referred to here was made for Kontakt 2.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the frustrations caused by this Sample Logic situation. We are aware of this issue and we're prepared to do what we can to get the people this has affected taken care of.

Rest assured knowing that we are not selling pirated, or unauthorized copies of this product. The problem stems from registration process with Sample Logic.

If you have purchased Sample Logic from Musician's Friend and are having issues with registering your product, please send us an email to: forums@musiciansfriend.com (mailto:forums@musiciansfriend.com)

We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Musician's Friend

I'm not surprised. MF has always been good to me... As much as Sweetwater, and that's saying something!

Just want to thank Uncle E for linking to Morphology on the Bargains Page. I bought it today and have spent a few hours getting loads of inspiration from the dabbling I have just done. It may not be cutting edge b today's standards but I can easily see the potential for its use im my situations. Thanks!
Always learning....

Not sure what you mean by the interface, but the download I just got does include Kontakt instruments which use the included samples. I really respect Ian's work, have tremendously appreciated his Ambient collection from Zero-G so could not pass this up. Multisamples are not really relevant the way I use these sounds….

Numanoid wrote:

MusiciansFriend wrote:Hello,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the frustrations caused by this Sample Logic situation. We are aware of this issue and we're prepared to do what we can to get the people this has affected taken care of.

Rest assured knowing that we are not selling pirated, or unauthorized copies of this product. The problem stems from registration process with Sample Logic.

If you have purchased Sample Logic from Musician's Friend and are having issues with registering your product, please send us an email to: forums@musiciansfriend.com

We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Musician's Friend
Nice to see them weigh in here. I just received my copy of Fanfare in the mail from MF, and now I have no fear that there will be any problem getting this registered. I have bought many things from MF over the years, and they have always treated me well.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”