Roland JP-8000 Chorus

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spire's Unison algorithm is amazing, all encompassing: you can find JP-8000 supersaw in it, Nord unison, Virus hypersaw, everything.

However, the original JP-8000 had a chorus which added flavor to the supersaw, that "divine" kind of feeling. In the JP manual the types of Chorus are listed, but of course, without settings and tech data.

I wonder if it could be emulated on Spire by using its great Chorus algorithm? I did get satisfying results, I'm very close, but I still don't feel that "divine" sound in 100%.

Maybe some of the developers could help... Maybe there are some details which I'm missing...

Actually, there's something important about the Roland supersaw.

JP-8000/8080 had a Detune control PLUS MIX CONTROL. This is not the same as "Density" in Spire, nor "Wide" setting! Mix allows you to control the volume of the 6 detuned saws on top of the base saw, all together. Virus TI hypersaw allows you to control the mix of 8 detuned saws one by one, not all together as in Roland.

It would be great if Spire developers did a true Supersaw emulation. I believe they can do it better than U-He. The key is to capture the "dirtiness" of the original JP-8000 supersaw which made it so interesting, so exciting. Clean is plain boring, without chemistry.

So, Control A would be Detune, and Control B Mix.

Using Spire's Wide setting helps a lot, Chorus too, but the Mix setting from the JP is very very important. It would allow for more "airy" unisons. Supersaw is a very dense waveform, almost unmixable without proper processing...

Return to “Reveal Sound”