zebraHZ feature request

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs, I'm not sure if I'd welcome feature requests for older projects if I were you :-) but: As I use Zebra HZ, I find A) I like using the Diva filters, and B) using the Diva filters is painful/clunky. Some if this is down to the way they are treated differently than the "native" Zebra filters.

That's fine. The only aspect of this arrangement that is really difficult is the lack of stereo configuration for the filters. I like to use the oscillators in "stereo" mode the majority of the time, and this is where it gets fiddly.

What I end up doing is splitting the signal flow into two lanes, and putting an identical Diva filter on each lane. While not as clean/elegant as a single stereo lane (I can live with that), the real issue is that tweaking any filter settings, mod routings to them, etc now has to be done *twice*, once for each filter. That's the part that's a real creative flow killer. Hard to tell if the cutoff adjustment is correct when you only hear it on one side of the stereo field.

So my request would be that if integrating the Diva filters all the way into Z-HZ is difficult (and I suspect that it probably is), then can we at least have a "pairing" ability so that we can lock a filter to another such that any parameter/modulation changes to one also affect the other? Even if there were just preset pairings (1/2, 3/4...), or "stereo" versions we could choose that used up two... however... I just would rather not have to keep adjusting two knobs back and forth every time I want to just tweak the resonance a little. :-)

Thanks!

I do wonder why Diva filters in ZHZ aren't on the left side pane like all other modules...

EvilDragon wrote:I do wonder why Diva filters in ZHZ aren't on the left side pane like all other modules...
Because we had only 4 weeks of time.

I guess that makes sense. :)

Do you think Diva filter options will stay where they are now, or will they at some point in the future join to other filter brethren on the left pane? :help:

EvilDragon wrote:I guess that makes sense. :)

Do you think Diva filter options will stay where they are now, or will they at some point in the future join to other filter brethren on the left pane? :help:
I can't say yet.

At the moment we have a lot of other things to worry about, such as "to drop VST3 support or not to" and "how long until I can prepare Bazille for beta testing" :clown:

Urs wrote:At the moment we have a lot of other things to worry about, such as
Urs, I know your time is valuable so allow me to assist...
Urs wrote:"to drop VST3 support or not to"
Drop that shit. RE and AAX to. f*** them bitches.
Urs wrote:and "how long until I can prepare Bazille for beta testing" :clown:
Now, plzkthx.

You're welcome. No need for any compensation. :hihi:

Return to “u-he”