1k multimedia totalstudio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/totalstudio3/

For only 159€

Anyone got experience with this....

And will it add much for me, composing, creating and remaking movie music,... (For amateur movie makers) ... Because i have a full box of VST,s and hardware allready.. Using Korg kronos, V-synth ableton live and machine studio, with komplete9U and some expansions, omisphere, trillian, sylenth1, pianoteq, VB3 and Alchemy... And probably have enough sounds and synths to never run out of options and possibilities..

Despite the super price, i really doubt the usefullness..

Sjefke wrote:Anyone got experience with this....
No completely new to me, where did you see that? :o

:wink:

:lol:

:party:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Joking aside, what you get in TS3 is:

Virtual Instruments and Sounds: SampleTank 2.5 XL, Sonik Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, 15 Xpansion Tank 2 Multi-Sampled Instrument Collections

Guitar & Bass Gear: AmpliTube 3

Mixing & Mastering: T-RackS 3 Deluxe, Mastering Suite, CSR - Classik Studio Reverb

If you already got a box full of instrument VST, I don't see how the instrument section of TS3 can manage to add to your arsenal. And Sample Tank 2.5XL will quickly get dated when Sample Tank 3 will be released

Could be worth it for AmpliTube3 and the M&M plugs, if you are short of those kind of plugs.

Numanoid wrote:Joking aside, what you get in TS3 is:

Virtual Instruments and Sounds: SampleTank 2.5 XL, Sonik Synth 2, Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTron, 15 Xpansion Tank 2 Multi-Sampled Instrument Collections

Guitar & Bass Gear: AmpliTube 3

Mixing & Mastering: T-RackS 3 Deluxe, Mastering Suite, CSR - Classik Studio Reverb

If you already got a box full of instrument VST, I don't see how the instrument section of TS3 can manage to add to your arsenal. And Sample Tank 2.5XL will quickly get dated when Sample Tank 3 will be released

Could be worth it for AmpliTube3 and the M&M plugs, if you are short of those kind of plugs.
Amplitude 3 will be mostly redundant since i know guitar rig in and out... Tough, i have heard the Lesley effect seems to be pretty sweet..

M&M plugs and extra genera effects however is allways nice to have ..

Maybe miroslav might add something, but then it is somewhat dated if i remember correct, and i have several great orchestral expansions and libraries in Kontakt..

If i decide to buy it, its just for playing around with the efects, and because its deathly cheep... And not for the 16,000 sounds in their libraries...

There are sounds I've found in them I haven't been able to find anything comparable to. Granted, I never used the Synth or GM sounds included with it, although I do remember the GM (OmniSynth) having a much better sample tone than most GM modules I've had. What I do use in it are the basses and guitars run through other amp-sims and only using certain effects in STank2 for that signal (ambience and compression and sometimes the limiter). Yesterday I spent some time running the STank2 Gretsch Clean guitar through the different amps in the Peavey Revalver MkIII and it's great! GR5 is a very good sim, but I find it has an unnatural decay on the back end for my tastes, so lately I've set out to find the amp-sims that please my ears. And I find the best samples to run through them keep coming back to STank2's Guitars. I sometimes use the AAs String Studio and Strums for this also, but STank does the greater share of the testing.
I take it this price is some special? Shop around, you may be able to get it for less. And don't concern yourself if the best price is in the Market Place here. With these, as good as they are, the best price you can find is the most important factor in getting it.

Sjefke wrote:Maybe miroslav might add something, but then it is somewhat dated if i remember correct, and i have several great orchestral expansions and libraries in Kontakt..

If i decide to buy it, its just for playing around with the efects, and because its deathly cheep... And not for the 16,000 sounds in their libraries...
220 dollars is still a bit of money to me.

None of the instrument plugs are 64 bits. For most vst plugs 32 bit will do, but when it comes to sample based instruments 64 bit is a plus as these can be heavy to load and use, and 64 bit means that the plug will get access to use all the RAM on your machine (a 32 bit plug can only use 4GB)

Fully installed TS3 will take up 40GB harddrive space. And it will take a day to download. Because IK uses zip instead of rar packaging, means you will have to download 10GB more than if the files had been properly packed by Winrar.

Even at 32 bit, I've found them to be very light on system resources. Both stand-alone and in the DAW. Of course the DAW is better since it does the multi-core spreading, but my system doesn't show much of RAM usage during stand-alone operation either. I imagine if I had a 16 layered sound that might be different. But in the DAW I can do three parts of 2-4 layers each in STank2/MSO without any problem.

For the price, worth it for the effects alone. T-Racks/CSR/AT3 are all top-shelf and all x64.

The instrument side is a hefty amount of content as well, and some of it is fairly unique. Sonik2 in particular is a nice collection of a bunch of classic hardware synths. And hidden among the ST library files are some pretty useful and unique beat libraries. Unfortunately, not x64, but useful if you're going to upgrade to ST3 in a couple of months.

If you have K9U though, I agree that most of this is redundant. K9U has state of the art versions of everything contained in the IK bundle. The addition of the latest Softube plugs and the R48 reverb are, IMHO, a draw with CSR and T-Racks. AT3 used to have a "tonal" edge over GR, but with the K9U GR based packages, I don't think this really is much of a factor anymore.

Plus, Prism, Monark, Razor, Absynth, Massive and FM8 bring you light years beyond the ST based stuff. That just leaves the orchestral stuff which Action Strings, Pro Strings/Horns and the Evolve/Damage packages more than cover.

If you're looking for some interesting and different flavors, might I sugges HalionSonic2 which, for around the same price gives you tons of workflow and creative possibilities.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

AT3 smokes Guitar rig if you are a guitarist but revalver 4 is due out and I would get that just depends on how into guitar you are
CSR is okay for reverbs
Sample Tron is greatness for trons
you can never have too many quality FX
as someone else noted at $150 its a no brainer for the FX let alone the synths.

Probably worth the money if you have none of the FX. The instruments are very 2003.

yessongs wrote:as someone else noted at $150 its a no brainer for the FX let alone the synths.
Where do you get that price? At IK I get listed €160 (ca $220):
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/totalstudio3/

Audiodeluxe is the best I can find, pretty good deals:

$168 for IK Total Studio and $84 for Total Workstation

84 bucks for TW including 15 expansion packs, worthwhile if the content can be used in the new Sample Tank 3

Hello,

Someone knows where can I find a similar bundle but with newer stuffs?

pewpewjigger wrote:Hello,

Someone knows where can I find a similar bundle but with newer stuffs?
Native instruments komplete 9 ultimate...

But thats another price range

Return to “Instruments”