Sunlab - Rain (downbeat chill groovey electro rock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8UHDN7dF8

Here is a friend's band I work with called Sunlab. This is their video entry to the Electric Forest Festival 2014 competition to get a spot to play. They did not get picked but got an honorable mention as a top favorite. The festival has been held in Rothbury,MI every summer, and has a wide range of musical acts, from Pretty Lights, to Sphongle, String Cheese Incident etc.

They recorded live as a band in the studio while we shot video. I later synced up the audio from the studio mix down and the video.

Music by Sunlab
- Salvatore Turner guitars/percussion
- Taylor Watson bass
- Sean Weitz guitar
- Andy Beneker beats/programming/piano/synths

Audio recorded at Studio 6 in Pontiac with the help of Steve and Mike P engineering and recording/producing the studio quality audio

Mikey Jo on video camera

Video editing and audio sync done by me

Sunlab (Pontiac, MI USA)
https://www.facebook.com/sunlabofficialpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUv3IlVgD1g
Here is a more live version of the song done at a prior show, recorded with a condenser mic in the audience and video, then synced up and edited overlayed with some trippy visual fx.

Working on getting some studio songs recorded and will post them here if anyone is interested.

this is really cool guys ! dig this absolutely, very peaceful and calming
the only constructive thing i could say is to give the entire concept maybe some more kind of development, because it's a quite long track, but i actually dont know how x) shorten maybe :P
anyway, great track
keep it up !
cheers

nice song, a little too long as there is very little variation. the mix sounds somewhat unbalanced, lacking high end definition even at 720HD on youtube and theres sub harmonic frequencies that should have been tamed below 40hz
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I agree to some extent about the lack of variation, but this was the first track I played tonight, and it was an entertaining enough piece to watch and listen to. I enjoyed it.

Good work :)

Thanks guys :) . Sunlab appreciates every view, listen, like and comment :D . They have about 6-10 more original songs, plus a couple others that were recorded live during that session. "Rain" was engineered and mixed really quick so we could get the project done quick, and entered into the Electric Forest competition. We're going to enter into the Bonnaroo Music Festival competition too. When they do some actual studio sessions, more attention to mix detail will happen. They are first and foremost a live band that tries to blend electronic music with organic real instruments.

The band has a nice, organic sound. It's a good tune but it's too long. 6:35 would have been a good stopping point.

Return to “Music Cafe”