RMV strange sample organization

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I bought last week this drum synth/sampler. I am happy with this, but i have some problems with RMV. There are some problems:

Under sample selection are categories - Kick, HiHats etc... Under category are for example Kicks and samples named - Kick01 - Kick99 and under this samples are different kick sounds - electronic to acoustic. Why it is not named, like Kick01-acc-dry01, Kick02-el-fx01? Another example is kick or hihats named FN-A 01 something like that. And if i finding specify sample, i must click on every FN or Kick01 - 99, because maybe there is sample which i finding.

I was search samples from drum machines (909), but some samples from drum machines is named like OpHat04.dat, DrumStation - 01. I thing it would be more helpful named DrumStation-01-909-hh-op-original or DrumStation-909-hh-op-02-distortion.

I dont remember precisely now, but i found kick sample under hihat or cymbal category. I dont know what is doing there, and this is not one discovery, there are more samples not under right category.

Lot of samples are same or have very little different (i dont thing samples for layered sounds). I dont know why, because there is lots of knobs for make similar or same sound from DrumStation HiHat01 to DrumStation HiHat 42 sample (for example).

last thing, some kits, like 909 kit have strange samples. acoustic samples for hihats, like for real drums. I dont know if it is mistake or it is the intention.

PS: sorry for my english

I sold it because of these issues you bring up. #4 being the most annoying.

Hello Oberheim 8000,
thank you for your comments.

1) and 2) RMV contains actually many different libraries and you are right, there is no common naming scheme, however, we not considered that essential as you have the librarian to look for a certain kind of soun

3) some may habe gone wrong, especially when the sample was actually used to produce a different sound. What I mean is that our sounddesigners sometimes created a hih-hat pad from a kick sample. This is no excuse, just an explanation how things might have gone wrong

4) Yep, especially the samples from hardware machines may have several samples which are hardly to find any difference when they are systematically sampled and certain different parameter settings produce a similar (or maybe even same) sound

5) The 909 had sampled hats and crash/ride cymbals

I am sorry, but i cant understand this words: "we not considered that essential as you have the librarian to look for a certain kind of soun" last word will be sound or sounds, but i dont understand the meaning whole sentence (in the " ").

By the way i find it is more comfortable not search samples, but load pad, where you have more option for search sounds. Maybe sample selection want similar thing as load pads in future RM?

I think thats what I wanted to say, Oberheim: use the librarian and load a certain Sound (=pad)

Aha, thanks :)

Return to “LinPlug”