Please can we get a new forum for

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm one of these crazy individualists who tries to avoid sounding like others principally.

Hows that working out for you?

Sendy wrote:Bloody EDM/dubstep/trap sound copycat requests? The sound design forum used to be interesting, now these days it's flooded with this casual rubbish. "How do I made a saw lead" "How do I make this sound on Aviici's x" "How do I make a wub"

These people bring nothing to the discussion, often don't even say thankyou, and if you give them a few hints, they ask you to finish the job! What waveform should I use? Jesus Christ! How many different waveforms are there in most VA synths? TRY THEM! GOD HONESTLY! Does working with sound realy disgust these people that much that they have to operate on it remotely and vicariously through other people?

Yeah, this is an elitist snob request and will probably shot down with some good old modern tolerance. I don't have a problem with people asking how to make certain kinds of sounds. But this "I want this EXACT sound and want you to do all the work" - as someone who is passionate about synthesis - it just ...

*le sigh*
i understand your frustration, but i just ignore them, mostly.

its not like have a specific sub forum will help, they hardly ever post in the right forum :hihi:

Tricky-Loops wrote: What I don't understand is, though, why so many people want to sound like somebody else. I rather prefer being unique than copying Avicii, Alessi, Benassi and Garrixi leads...
:tu: :clap:
"It dreamed itself along"

Kriminal wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm one of these crazy individualists who tries to avoid sounding like others principally.

you mean you havent seen the arena tour posters? :o

Kriminal wrote:
:?:

What has to "work out"?

Would it "work out" more if I sounded like Avicii? No, it wouldn't, I just would be one of those thousands of mainstream EDM producers who sound like Avicii, too, yet you can download all their stuff for free!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

What has to "work out"?
You sounding like nobody else, hows that working out?

Kriminal wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Kriminal wrote:

What has to "work out"?
You sounding like nobody else, hows that working out?
I just said it:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Would it "work out" more if I sounded like Avicii? No, it wouldn't, I just would be one of those thousands of mainstream EDM producers who sound like Avicii, too, yet you can download all their stuff for free!

So its not working out well then....

Kriminal wrote:So its not working out well then....
Instead of permanently attacking other people here, you could present your hit records and how much money you made with music... I haven't seen you in the Billboard Charts so far... :shrug:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Instead of permanently attacking other people here, you could present your hit records and how much money you made with music... I haven't seen you in the Billboard Charts so far... :shrug:
that because hes busy being agent smith in the matrix films and now makes all his cash for public appearances at conventions.

vurt wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
that because hes busy being agent smith in the matrix films and now makes all his cash for public appearances at conventions.

:lol:

Tricky-Loops wrote:

attacking? like you're attacking anyone who wants to sound like 'artist x' ? :roll:

my point is, you are so desperate to NOT sound like anyone else, you prob havent even made a song, mainly because its impossible to not sound like someone else...

if you concentrated more on making music you like and enjoy, instead of the bullshit, you might actually get somewhere...and if you dont, at least its been a good ride.

thats all i do, if i got a million £ for my music that would be nice, but im not doing it for that, i do it cos i enjoy it. (and i sometimes purposely try to sound like a certain act/song.... :o burn me at the stake already...)

sometimes?
i thought you "always" tried to sound like the cure :hihi:

vurt wrote:sometimes?
i thought you "always" tried to sound like the cure :hihi:

Not since last june....now im desperate to sound like anyone :lol:

Kriminal wrote:its not like have a specific sub forum will help, they hardly ever post in the right forum :hihi:
Exactly. Sendy is ranting about people making dumb posts but her post requesting a new forum belongs in the Site Stuff forum.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”