affordable alternative to n.i. damage?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Damage Dark Planet Evolve

what are some good alternatives in the more affordable 100 usd range?

I'd recommend waiting until Native Instruments do another 50% off sale. I think they usually do a sale around the middle of the year. Then Damage will be around $150 USD.

i could just wait till i get paid next month. that's what ill do. no sense buying a 'alternative' of something when its not what i really want.

Next month is May, I think they often have a 50 percent off Summer Sale in around June - July, so it might pay to wait that little bit longer.

No guarantees though - last year the sale only applied to their cinematic libraries (which would've of course included Damage, but it indicates that they mightn't apply the sale to everything).

ill just buy it used next month. in the meantime, i have my bitword samples oxide128, and vol 1 and 2 oxide kits. which actually, if anybody's also looking for a more affordable damage, are fantastic non kontakt based drum libraries that sound/tone wise are, are pretty much indistinguishable from damage.

Someone is selling Damage in the marketplace for 150euros.

Haggle!

New one from NI could fit the bill:
Turn up the tension. RISE & HIT fuses a wealth of unique sounds into a swelling peak, adding spine-chilling cinematic suspense to your soundtracks. Set the ambience with over 8 GB of exclusive ready-to-go samples. Then easily alter, layer, edit, and add effects to fit any atmosphere – and deliver maximum impact. Seize your audience. And hit with edge-of-your-seat intensity.

RISE & HIT runs in KONTAKT 5 and the free KONTAKT PLAYER, and is available at the NI Online Shop for 149,00 €.

Have you checked out the Heavyocity/NI Evolve: Mutations sets? These are similar in kind and quality to Damage IMHO. IIRC, vol. 1 is heavier on percussion, which would get you closer to the Damage sound.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:Have you checked out the Heavyocity/NI Evolve: Mutations sets? These are similar in kind and quality to Damage IMHO. IIRC, vol. 1 is heavier on percussion, which would get you closer to the Damage sound.

Cheers
-B
Agreed. I find myself going to the Evolve collection more than Damage. That's just personal preference and my mood of the day talking though. But they are similar, although probably priced in the same neighborhood as Damage.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Stormdrum by EastWest.

It's on special now at JRR, costing less than 200 dollars:
http://www.jrrshop.com/eastwest-quantum ... drum-2-box

Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Upps, missed that.

Damage is kind of expensive costing 300 euro, so I was thinking compared to that, but still far above 100 bucks

For less than 100 bucks Steinberg's Dark Planet is an OK alternative

Return to “Instruments”