Not loading samples/program/bank on project open? (REAPER)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Ive been using this sampler with my band, as being cross platform means i or our synt player can work on patches. However i seem to be having issues with it retaining its "memory" of file locations...ie: i have reaper project, i save the bank, program and performance file into their own folder (ie: Track name_Live Samples) so they are all in the one location, and i then save the reaper project. When i go to open the project, i get a dialog box asking to point the sampler towards each wave file used in the patch.

I have tried saving-as in new locations with new project versions, and it just seems to be inconsistent, ie it will work and remember the locations for one instance ina project but not another...

Any suggestions? its a really frustrating issue to deal with in a live situation...

This sounds super weird. In general the TX is (imho) very good at tracking samples, even in varying locations.
Is the behaviour you describe happening when you move between machines, or on the same machine?
If the latter, then something is seriously weird. The former would maybe happen if the sample path layout is significantly different between machines (i.e. inferred paths will not help in subsequent sample resolving).

Did you enable the "save all waves in FXB" + "save waves in project"? Turning these two options will save copies of the samples you use in the project stucture, while still remebering the original sources. Generally this will make the project self-contained while moving between machines.

If you don't get things to work properly even with this, can you send me the project(s) that fail so I can look at them?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”