Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Rommelaar wrote:Hi Ingo,

Now Musikmesse 2014 is over, did you had the chance to speak with Waldorf about the VSTs in question? Or has the Beta phase not been completed yet?

The 64-bit versions that are being tested now, are they VST 2.4 or VST 3, like Lector?
Hi,

at Musikmesse i mostly checked the new Streichfett String synth but had my notebook with me also to discuss some stuff about the plugin updates. The Pulse 2 was also an important topic in discussions with the developers. Aynway the developer which is directly responsible for the updates was not at Musikmesse but i have lots of email contact with him.

The Beta tests for the updates are still in progress and could take a ittle time.

I am testing the 64-bit VST plugins (Windows versions) for both Largo and PPG Wave 3.V and with the latest update it looks like we had a "breaktrough" in terms of fixing bugs. The current ones look very stable now.
The update to 64-bit introduces several new bugs that were not found in the old 32-bit ones.

The whole plugin update s include Largo, PPG Wave 3.v and waldorf Edition (includes PPG Wave 2.V, Attack, D-Pole).

New plugin versions should include (Waldorf Edition mostly AAX as 64-bit VST already exists):
Windows: VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit, VST3 32-bit, AAX 64-bit, AAX 32-bit
Mac: VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit, VST3 32-bit, AU 64-bit, AAX 64-bit, AAX 32-bit

This does not even include possible fixes for the old 32-bit versions...

All this needs a lot of testing and work for the developer and beta testers so feature requests are difficult or impossible to implement at the moment (while a few are added to the database).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My current testing environment (besides a fully 32-bit dekstop PC) is a Sony VAIO notebook with a Core 2 duo (2 x 2.53 Ghz) CPU, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP audio interface.
Hosts are: Ableton Live 9.1.1 Suite 64-bit, Reaper 4.5 64-bit, VSTHost 64-bit, Tobybear MiniHost (32-bit) and the 30 days Trial of Cubase 7.5.10 64-bit.
No Mac here so i could not test the related plugins.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

I can't seem to find anywhere besides this thread that says the Waldorf Edition is 64bit. Could someone confirm that, I'd love to have Attack in my arsenal but I don't want to make the purchase unless I know there is a 64bit version available.
a.k.a. Airyck Sterrett

Waldorf Edition IS 64-bit, yes.

psylevation wrote:I can't seem to find anywhere besides this thread that says the Waldorf Edition is 64bit. Could someone confirm that, I'd love to have Attack in my arsenal but I don't want to make the purchase unless I know there is a 64bit version available.
Hi, they dont offer that update (version 1.7.3) as a download at their website.
You have to contact support to get it.
If you purchase Waldorf Edition from the Online shop you should already get the new version.

For those who had the old CD oprotected versio of Waldorf Edition they had to ask for a serial number at Waldorf support as the newer versions are protected by a simple serial.

Personally i am got e.g. Attack 64-bit since around 2 years but had changed my notebook to 64-bit not long ago. Attack 64-bit running nicely at Live 9.1.1 64-bit here.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Small update on the Betas for Largo 64-bit and PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit:

The Windows version of the VST2 plugin looks very stable at the moment. Currently searching for remaining bugs.
VST3 plugins (64-bit + 32-bit) had been started and some nice result with the first tests of the Windows plugin.

Could not test the Mac version but those are currently tested too, including AU 64-bit.

This is mabye not as fast as expected but there are improvements for sure.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

EvilDragon wrote:Largo is similar to Blofeld, but not exactly the same. It cannot read Blofeld patches. They do not sound the same.
I'm hoping they will add the missing PPG filter in the update.

aMUSEd wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Largo is similar to Blofeld, but not exactly the same. It cannot read Blofeld patches. They do not sound the same.
I'm hoping they will add the missing PPG filter in the update.
Not as far as i'm concerned, at least not included in the current beta version.

The current updates are mostly about 64-bit updates, VST3 plugins (also for Mac) and AAX plugins (also AAX for waldorf Edition) which alone is work enough.

The updates to 64-bit had introduces several new bugs that had to be fixed. Oposing to what some people maybe think doing updates to 64-bit is NOT a simple task.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I hope they won't neglect 32-bit. I'm not moving to 64-bit anytime soon.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ingonator wrote:Could not test the Mac version but those are currently tested too, including AU 64-bit.

Ingo
If they need a Mac tester - I can help.

Phase47 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Could not test the Mac version but those are currently tested too, including AU 64-bit.

Ingo
If they need a Mac tester - I can help.
Actually i think there are too few for testing the Windows version... :)

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks EvilDragon and Ingo! They really should put that information on their website, I'm sure they are missing out on a few sales because of it.
a.k.a. Airyck Sterrett

Anyone able to confirm this bug with PPG Wave 3.V (is same for the 32-bit plugin) and Bitwig Studio v1.0.3?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5696804

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Is the Blofeld worth getting when I already own Largo and Pulse 2? I haven't come across that much information where the Pulse 2 is compared to Blofeld other than that Blofeld being a poly and Pulse 2 being a monosynth.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Yes, it's different than Largo and TOTALLY different than Pulse 2 (Pulse 2 - analog, Blofeld - digital wavetable). Definitely worth getting (three things: PPG filter model, sample import, custom wavetables).

Return to “Instruments”