One-Synth-Challenge 61: OBXD - Submissions, Chat, Voting and Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Voting Closed! :phones:

Fantastic month again people - really quality stuff again :o

Thanks for the feedback guys, and great points. It's nice to know we're on track, and things are sorted out. The last one was certainly a drag, and glad we dropped it. The odds were certainly stacked against that system.

Ok... doing the tallying right now. We'll get back as soon as we can with the results. :phones:

BlackWinny wrote:
2DaT wrote:I listened to all the tracks. Makes me proud of obxd! :)
I'd like to remind everybody by what very strange two messages all that wonderful story began:
2DaT wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural. So i build new synth with good oscillators and filters, but its very hungry compared to other vst.
For a newbie amateur this is a complete no go way to introduce yourself in the KVR forum ;)
Any advices? It was really bad,but only thing i need is live feedback. I cant do plugins only for myself. I need advices, tips, comments about sounds, gui , feature requestions. Maybe im wrong with such a presentation, its not a product, its indev pre-alpha version. I dont know where to write because dsp community isnt that big and this forum is the only place where i can get feedback.
The original text has disappeared, replaced by a new one, but it is now indeed a part of the History of the Music!

2DaT, you are humble, and you remain humble, but...

For a first try, this was a master stroke !
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Great story love it

By the way -- great job improving the voting page. My only suggestion (and there are probably reasons this will not work easily) is that we be able to enter comments on without having to jump out to the soundcloud page. Thanks for all the hard work!

The new voting system is excellent :)

Great! Glad to know we're on track. It'll only get better. :tu:

I'm sorry ... lost the time in the last days to vote :(
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

oops. yeah me too. the month slipped away from me and on the 16th I slapped myself for not getting the votes done! Oh well. I wish those who voted good luck with the contest! OBXD was a great synth to program and play with.

Final Results! Z.Prime is the Winner!
:band: :band: :band: :band2: :band2: :band2: :band2: :band2:

1st Place Gold Knob goes to:
z.prime - When It Fell Apart - 140pts

2nd Place Silver Knob goes to:
ThePresent - The Homeland - 137pts

3rd Place Bronze Knob goes to:
Photonic - Oldschool But Xtrem Danceable - 134pts

4th Place goes to:
nitedwella -
Gates of Conscience - 132pts

5th Place goes to:
H-man - MnidDustorShun LTH-1 - 127pts

Skyzone - eternal waves ( OBXD ) - 125pts
pedalsteeldrummer - Born To Run - 124pts
J.Ruegg - OutBoXeD - 124pts
_ctx - Quellenbruch - 124pts
Tony Ostinato - OBXD - 123pts
Shortmanb - LinOBXD (OSC Obxd) - 116pts
Orboscope - Dr. Oberheim's mental asylum - OBDX - 111pts
Richard Semper - Cold Front OBXD - 111pts
Sonnydeluxe - One-Way-Ticket to MARS - 110pts
Poofox + Lemmike - Laugh Like Oberon 2 - 108pts
SayersWeb - Evening Drive (OBXD) - 108pts
Yeager - One Of These Echoes - 108pts
OnTrackP - Like The Old Days OSC 61 OBXD - 107pts
Pulse Width Modulation - Where Were You in 92 - 103pts
Eauson - obxd KVR - 102pts
ballacr75 - remember - 102pts
Cygnus86 - (Obxd) F-Ton of Reverb - 101pts
Ricler - The odyssey - 97pts
Caine123 - 1 Hour with OBXD (Rough Mix) - 97pts
Spidergod - Spidergod-Decipher - 94pts
DoctorBob - OhBeeXdeedeedee (OSC 61 - OBXD) - 91pts
psmacmur - Not Hooking (OBXD) - 88pts
Quaoar - Wireless - 85pts
cytoSonic - Conduit (OBXD) - 83pts
skyshaver - skyshaver-Impossible To Kill - 80pts
Abovethoughts - Oxen8 (Version3) - 78pts
Cavegirl - Deportation Sensation (safe) - 72pts

Incomplete or no votes**
(DQ) Jasinski - 18 Dexterity 160pts
(DQ) Xopher30 - Stardust 136pts
(DQ) Loris DS - Lower Levels 110pts
(DQ) bh9090 - Duncan's Opiate Haze 104pts
(DQ) masterhiggins - Flight of the Damned 95pts
(DQ) MKDSL - Obxdession 92pts
(DQ) marks - marks-a-whybikky/down 91pts
(DQ) Oorlab - La Rueda Del Indio 77pts

Can I haz prizes? Now?
FIRST PLACE WINNER - please announce your chosen prize on the forum here in a post. Who ever is next, do the same, and on and on until all top fivers get their loot. You can't have it right now - it'll take some days - so be patient :hug:

Kick butt tunes people!! :) :band2: :band2: :harp: :harp: :violin: :band2: :band2: :band: :band:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... l=en#gid=0

** This is per the last rules vote, the majority voted for no vote = disqualified. See the official Rule here.

My personal thoughts: V'ger and I discussed disqualification, and we decided it was best to strictly follow the rules, otherwise if one rule is bent, more could be bent. I do not like how it turned out, and wish we had more discussion of the rule before putting on the rules vote. I really do not agree with a DQ, and think it's too harsh, but of course we have to follow the rules. Rather than public shaming with a dq, I'd like to see 5 to 15pts taken off the person who doesn't vote... that's a fair compromise. People put a LOT of time into their tracks.
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wow i did better than i had thought, thx!

winners were good choices, i think lined up with my votes. congrats!

so many things i enjoyed listening to and ill continue to listen to over and over.

this is a fun community!

Tony Ostinato wrote:wow i did better than i had thought, thx!

winners were good choices, i think lined up with my votes. congrats!

so many things i enjoyed listening to and ill continue to listen to over and over.

this is a fun community!
It was really exciting to see someone using such an interesting midi device as well :) :tu: Very nice work

Congrats Z.prime. Well deserved.

(i thought I had voted...maybe I missed a submit button or something.)

bh9090 wrote:Congrats Z.prime. Well deserved.

(i thought I had voted...maybe I missed a submit button or something.)
Oh shoot! It looks like you voted for top 5. I just checked the database. Well, hopefully we can make this more clear. It's 1-5 pts for all tracks.

Oh man! I was just about to go to sleep! :hyper: :hyper:

Wow, thanks guys. I guess this feels a bit like a false win - darn Jasinski and his lovely sounds pleasing everyone's eardrums should have taken the cake. I totally agree with you, bjp about the Dairy Queen rule - seems overly harsh. I guess I voted for it not quite realizing what the end result was supposed to be; I definitely call for a swift revote on that one, though I do feel like not voting should be some sort of penalty.

Anyway, I guess rules are rules until they're changed, so I'll go for the Balance Mastering.

Crazy good tracks all around this time, though! Thanks everyone for participating and give yourselves all a huge pat on the back - so many of these tracks could have ended up winning! Like Brian said, a lot of people put a lot of effort into these tracks and it shows. I only wish I had half the actual talent as some of you - been skating by myself for too long on fumes and additives.

Return to “Instruments”