Any news on Dune 2? (Out Now!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

Rommelaar wrote:A while ago the main developer wrote that the remaining bits and pieces before releasing Dune 2, were some graphical user interface (gui) related things and presets. I see the importance for a good gui, but how important are the presets? I get that you need some to inspire and show what your product can do, but is it a selling point? Aren't we all told not use presets and create our own instead?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I ready to become a day one buyer. :love:
Having a big amount of high quality presets is very important and can be the biggest reason for a synth to become (very) popular and widely accepted. Sure, it has to be a good synth to begin with, but don't underestimate the importance of high quality presets!

I can think of a few synth plugins that are very good, but people are not talking about these synths at all and I never see them in a top50 something list of synth plugins. It's exactly these synth plugins that have a factory soundbank that doesn't do the synth any justice.

The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote: The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.
Very well put ;) That's how I see it as well :)
Last edited by idfpower on Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
Rommelaar wrote: The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.
Very well put ;) That's how I see it as well :)
So true that.
I put 95% of my time into doing sounds, and 5% into audio demos for those sounds.
If I did music more than the time I spend making sounds. It feels like I'm wasting time.
Last edited by mcnoone on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Something wrong happened with that quote, idfpower. Not very important, but maybe you can fix it. :wink:
Website

Kevin did you get permission from Rich to post sound examples ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Kevin did you get permission from Rich to post sound examples ?
This, and the GUI as well.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

More please
That sounds real good to my ears.
:tu:

Softube FET's on sale but I don't want this to come out and I don't have the money on my card. What to do, what to do.

solidtrax wrote:Something wrong happened with that quote, idfpower. Not very important, but maybe you can fix it. :wink:
Oopsie :dog: My bad :clown: Sorry :oops:

PS: regarding that Dune2 track - is that sound "doctored", or the actual sound of the synth? 'Cause if it's raw...my God, that thing sounds HUGE ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.

Raddler1 wrote:That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.
sorry it does tell alot if patches where processed with synth onboard effects. Anyway its a great sounding demo reminding me on ...Dune..

and that sequences...are they from Blade Runner

Raddler1 wrote:That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.
yep, and squeezed to death my ears bleed.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
yep, and squeezed to death my ears bleed.
I don't think it's squeezed to death...

Having said that.. I'm wondering if Richard allowed for this audio demo to be posted in public. :?
Website

"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

Return to “Instruments”