Waves Kramer MPX Master Tape Native (No Brainer Price) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

What do you think about the Waves Kramer MPX Master Tape Native ?

The price is 29 Dollar for one day

Worth the money or not ?

Many thanks in advance for the opinions ;)

I mostly use it as a delay, and for that its not bad; nice for that dr who era feedbacky thang. If you dont have a low-fi-ish 'character' tape delay in your arsenal, or want another, it may indeed be worth $29.
As a tape emulator, Im not in a position to judge, but its certainly considerably cheaper today than some of its competition.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I just spotted this offer aswell. I already own 112dB's Redline preamp and am wondering how these compare. I'm not going to be in the studio to compare these so would appreciate any feedback from any users of botrh?

For $29 it's a no-brainer and I don't think you can go wrong at this price. If you somehow regret buying it, in a few months time you can easily sell it for the same price as it is today.

For me, only the delay is already worth the $29 so you get the tape emulation for free. :wink:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

It would be a "no-brainer" if I didn't already have a tape emu and if ReelBus didn't exist.

Just my opinion. 8)

Better question. Does it make sense to buy kmt if we already have satin? My demo for kmt ran out so I can't demo it anymore.

-Sam

No doubt! For 29$ it's a complete no-brainer. Only if you already have this field well covered would I recommend you to skip it. Otherwise get it.
No signature here!

Aubrey Lamont wrote:It would be a "no-brainer" if I didn't already have a tape emu and if ReelBus didn't exist.

Just my opinion. 8)
Yeah, have to agree that Reelbus is also awesome. I still find use for Waves MPX though. I think it's nice to have different flavors available, just like compressors or EQ's for example.
Website

masterhiggins wrote:Better question. Does it make sense to buy kmt if we already have satin? My demo for kmt ran out so I can't demo it anymore.

-Sam
Satin is awesome, but like I said in the post above this one, it doesn't hurt to have some different flavors available. I don't think you would regret it. Worst case scenario you sell it in a few weeks/months time without losing a penny. :wink:
Website

[x] No Brainer
Finally!

Although I've never been a real fan of Wave's hype machine, I find myself using several of the Kramer plugins quite a bit. As a delay the tape sim is indeed cool, as a tape sim, I don't know. I use it, the effect is subtle, and I often wonder if the affect is psychoacoustic as a consequence of watching the tape spin as my music is playing.

I don't have Satin, so I can't really compare it to that.

I bought it anyways.

Plus the fact that it's a slightly older plugin should mean that maybe it's not as cpu intensive as something more recent. (In case that matters to anyone)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I got it at jrrshop for $24.65 with the coupon code "KillerKitty15"

no complaints so far

I keep getting errors when trying to install. Honestly, I mostly have really good luck with waves. I'll sweat out the offline installer (takes forever to download) and try that.

Return to “Effects”