Filter resonance

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still getting too much "dirt" on high resonance settings, particularly on massive multi-osc unison patches... Resonance on Acido actually sounds warmest, cleanest, but then again, sound becomes too thin. Scorpio Black LP4 has the fattest resonance, however, some unpleasant distortion appears as well.

So, is there any room for improvement? Is it even possible with all-digital VSTi plugins. I'm not expecting Jupiter-8 or anything like that, but more close to a Virus maybe.

Here's a sample, all master fx/processores are off (and no, they cannot clean the sound):

http://picosong.com/e78a

This cannot be played loudly, it's just too unpleasant.

I found a simple work-around which does not eliminate the problem completely but makes it quite bearable!

If I want a resonant sweep pad, I use parallel filtering: Acido LP4 for resonance and Perfecto LP4 for low-end/fatness. The result is beautiful. Although dirtiness and crackling are not COMPLETELY removed, the overall sound is interesting, rich and exciting. Thus, the positive overcomes the negative. The output from the filters can then be processed in numerous, almost unimaginable ways.

Take the JP-8000 for example, which I discuss in another thread. Its supersaw was dirty, filters too, but this is precisely what made the synth so interesting and dynamic.

There's everything in Spire... Cleaninnes, dirtiness, everything. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS MACHINE. Pretty much amazing for a VSTi. This is going to put pressure on Access and Clavia, Roland too, to release some of their digital synths in VSTi format. Soft is the future. I could buy a Virus TI, but I don't want to hassle with external hardware. It's impractical, and unnecessary expensive. Some of the UAD plugins can be added to Spire, to get even warmer, analog sound, and even then, everything happens within the PC/Mac.

Please complete SPIRE multi-thread.

I get my JPs, Nords and Viruses, in SPIRE.

Here's the recording of one possible dual-filter resonant pad:
http://picosong.com/e7Gj/

Return to “Reveal Sound”