What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

519 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

pheeleep wrote:They will refund your $30 AND give you a $25 credit on top of that ;)

Should've ordered 20 copies!
Pick Me Pick me!

7659 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

donato wrote:
pheeleep wrote:They will refund your $30 AND give you a $25 credit on top of that ;)

:uhuhuh:

My guess is, if they are giving a credit on top of the full refund, that it will likely be a single $25 credit total. Maybe there is some kind of blacklist for trying to pull such a stunt too..
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
KVRian

519 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

VitaminD wrote:
donato wrote:

:uhuhuh:

My guess is, if they are giving a credit on top of the full refund, that it will likely be a single $25 credit total. Maybe there is some kind of blacklist for trying to pull such a stunt too..

I am sure you are right. It was a joke more than anything.
KVRist

267 posts since 22 Nov, 2008, from Greater Boston

Postby yevster; Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Another lemon here. Before reaching out to MF, I decided to fill out NI's Registration Support form (click the "Support" button in Service Center, then click "Registration Support").

Maybe if NI support gets inundated with tickets from all the customers whose purchases SampleLogic bricked, they'll reconsider their relationship with SL.
KVRian

575 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from C@L

Postby thenumber23; Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

pheeleep wrote:Some of the [Rumble] presets were pointing to some obscure path so I had to search for the samples in Kontakt.

Sample Logic has a Rumble "Multi Fix" file which solved some of my preset path problems. It's available here: http://www.samplelogic.com/downloads-manuals

That same link includes an update for Fanfare as well.
KVRist

229 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby hueynym; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

yevster wrote:Another lemon here. Before reaching out to MF, I decided to fill out NI's Registration Support form (click the "Support" button in Service Center, then click "Registration Support").

Maybe if NI support gets inundated with tickets from all the customers whose purchases SampleLogic bricked, they'll reconsider their relationship with SL.

I tried that. After a week of back-and-forth they said I needed to deal with Sample Logic directly. Who sent me to MF.

I think the lesson here is to buy libraries from someone else.
KVRian

848 posts since 16 Feb, 2010

Postby gamecat666; Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

could be just me, but the main bargain thread is starting to become a company self promo area.. aren't newsletters enough?
KVRist

267 posts since 22 Nov, 2008, from Greater Boston

Postby yevster; Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

+1, gamecat. Creators & retailers (and their employees, reps) and users with fewer than 10 posts should be prohibited from posting their own deals.
KVRer

21 posts since 5 Nov, 2012

Postby bltpyro; Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

yevster wrote:+1, gamecat. Creators & retailers (and their employees, reps) and users with fewer than 10 posts should be prohibited from posting their own deals.

I partly disagree. I like to have all deals consolidated in one place so I can see any even if it is a creator/retailer sale. Although I wouldn't be too opposed if retailers had their own thread for sale announcements, but that means everyone would have to check 2 threads. The normal deal thread and the retailer sale thread.
KVRian

536 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Armadillosound; Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:15 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Anyone know if Camel Audio will have an Easter sale?
KVRAF

2720 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:47 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Yes, it seems the dealers and direct sales may need their own sticky thread.
But I don't mind. My thoughts are on what to get with this $54.00 'credit' in the next ninety days from MF...
These stores unfortunately are never my first go-to's unless they have these 'stupid deals' or closeouts. Blame the greed of the state live in for that. But their shipping charges don't help either. But it sure reduces it down to what they have for a real deal that others don't in the first place.
KVRAF

6059 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:20 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

gamecat666 wrote:could be just me, but the main bargain thread is starting to become a company self promo area.. aren't newsletters enough?

I'm sorry for being a nuisance if I fall into that category. I acknowledge that I've been posting there again after having stayed away for a while. The request made of dealers before was that we not overload that thread with oversized banners or other media, that's why I've been keeping my posts to short descriptions and links.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
KVRAF

6059 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:20 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Armadillosound wrote:Anyone know if Camel Audio will have an Easter sale?

They haven't announced anything to their dealers but it still might happen.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
KVRAF

2833 posts since 29 Jun, 2011

Postby Aiynzahev; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

What's some of the best prices for Waves SSL bundle anyone's seen?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Resonance Sound
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Spire, Zebra2, Massive, DIVA, Sylenth and others
KVRian

575 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from C@L

Postby thenumber23; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

yevster wrote:+1, gamecat. Creators & retailers (and their employees, reps) and users with fewer than 10 posts should be prohibited from posting their own deals.

-2. The bargain thread is high value as is, and it would be diminished if there were restrictions added. I think instead there should be a crusade against posts that contain the word bump :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)