Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UncleE, since you lurk around these parts, just wondering how you feel about the whole SL fiasco. I noticed you carry a few of their products. Are you at all concerned about them yanking the licenses of your paying customers if they don't like the price you're charging?

yevster wrote:UncleE, since you lurk around these parts
I'm KVR Member #92, possibly the oldest active member. :)
just wondering how you feel about the whole SL fiasco. I noticed you carry a few of their products. Are you at all concerned about them yanking the licenses of your paying customers if they don't like the price you're charging?
I don't think it's legal for them to do that. In fact, that's the part that makes me believe their side of the story, because no one would be stupid enough to publicly slander and cheat a company the size of GC/MF.

Their side of the story being what? The only quoted explanations of SL we've seen here are that MF is selling their product at firesale prices. Unless so doing is a breach of contract, that's hardly a cause for violating one's own EULA.

yevster wrote:Their side of the story being what? The only quoted explanations of SL we've seen here are that MF is selling their product at firesale prices. Unless so doing is a breach of contract, that's hardly a cause for violating one's own EULA.
They claim that someone at MF took the serials and distributed them earlier, and now the boxes with those serials are being sold.

jsp1979 wrote:
yevster wrote:Their side of the story being what? The only quoted explanations of SL we've seen here are that MF is selling their product at firesale prices. Unless so doing is a breach of contract, that's hardly a cause for violating one's own EULA.
They claim that someone at MF took the serials and distributed them earlier, and now the boxes with those serials are being sold.
If this isn't true and SL has actually deactivated the codes themselves, it seems to me they're opening themselves up to some major legal issues.

Here's SL's email posted earlier in the thread:
Sample Logic wrote: Hi Steve
Yes this is somewhat true. We no longer sell to the GC chain.

So far the palm seems to only be with fanfare boxed version. They've decided to sell our inventory at 20% of the MSRP. I'm top of this, someone within the chain has opened up fanfare boxes taken the serials and has resold the serials. We have reached out to GC several times with no response.

Very frustrating

Joe Trupiano
Sample Logic LLC
New York
T: (347) 875-7568

If someone did open up those boxes, they did a great job of sealing them back up, shrink wrap and all, because the package I received looked brand new.

One would wonder why someone would only do that to SampleLogic boxes, and not even of their best-known products. Why not Morphestra? Or, for that matter, why not Komplete?

yevster wrote:If someone did open up those boxes, they did a great job of sealing them back up, shrink wrap and all, because the package I received looked brand new.

One would wonder why someone would only do that to SampleLogic boxes, and not even of their best-known products. Why not Morphestra? Or, for that matter, why not Komplete?
Ding ding ding!! I think we have a winner! :clap:
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

gamecat666 wrote:could be just me, but the main bargain thread is starting to become a company self promo area.. aren't newsletters enough?
Personally I think it's great that companies and developers give us the heads up on deals.

I just saw Fanfare at a discounted price elsewhere. The questions is, will SLogic do the same to them? I mean shouldn't they now make public just how much of a discount they'll allow before they start pulling the plug?

Another thing, I've seen these products sold at Drum Corps shows and that could also bring in the idea that if there were a removal of licenses, it could have been done at one of those shows, only to have the physical copies returned and sold elsewhere as B-stock.
In any event, no matter how it plays, the responsibility for honoring those licenses falls back on Slogic. And now I'm wary of buying anything from them, especially if it's on sale.

One more thing, is it time yet to take this discussion elsewhere and let this thread get back to other bargains from those that are known to fulfill them?

+1
LoopyFruit wrote:
gamecat666 wrote:could be just me, but the main bargain thread is starting to become a company self promo area.. aren't newsletters enough?
Personally I think it's great that companies and developers give us the heads up on deals.

BBFG# wrote:I just saw Fanfare at a discounted price elsewhere. The questions is, will SLogic do the same to them?
Sorry where else did you see this? Wouldn't it be ironic if this vendors Fanfare serials were also invalid? Might solve the question to "who's to blame?"

Not everybody wants to receive newsletters so yeah, if a vendor is running a promo I want to see it here.

Upgrade for any registered customer to Sonar X3 for $29.

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/default.a ... SR3.00-30E

I am on X2 Producer. So if I take up this offer I can use the latest version of Sonar but not have the extra stuff like Melodyne?

Not sure if it's just their regular AP or if it's part of their current sale (which is a voucher for the NEXT buy). Never really checked it before this last debacle.
Best Service; Fanfare $173.29 Download.
Shipped shows at full price, $399.00

Not as cheap, but it begs the question, "how low is too low for SLogic to pull the license out from under it?"

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”