What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Good free wav file metadata tagger?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

SampleScience
KVRAF

2426 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:41 pm Good free wav file metadata tagger?

I'm looking for a good free wav file metadata tagger in which I could tag my wav files with genre, bpm, rootkey etc. information. Is there any free option or it's better to choose a payware software for this? I'm open to any suggestions, thanks!
planetearth
KVRist

442 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

Which OS and DAW are you using?

I don't think you have many options for metadata in standard .WAV files, but you can store quite a bit in "Broadcast" .WAV files. If your DAW supports exporting those, you can put all sorts of info into them (including images, I believe). You can probably do that with any of the free .WAV editors out there, though your DAW might support some of that, too.

Steve
I'm looking for collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: www.soundcloud.com/shdesigns .
SampleScience
KVRAF

Postby SampleScience; Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

Any OS will do. I use FL Studio, Acid Music, Cubase LE and Ableton Live 8. But I don't think those DAW will ad metadate related to the genre of sounds in which the wav file can be categorized. Unless you can embed this kind of metadate in acid wavs?
murnau
KVRAF

2703 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

you can use the excellent free audacity (it's under File->Edit Metadata..)
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
planetearth
KVRist

442 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

murnau wrote:you can use the excellent free audacity (it's under File->Edit Metadata..)

Good call, murnau. Audacity is a pretty good "DAW"/multi-track audio editor. I've had problems getting it to work with certain audio drivers, but if all you're looking to do is edit the metadata, that shouldn't matter.

Wavosaur is another good, free, 2-track audio editor, but I didn't see anything on its website about editing metadata. Still, it's a very easy to use standalone executable (no installation required), and you can know within 5 minutes if it'll do what you want.

Good luck!

Steve
I'm looking for collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: www.soundcloud.com/shdesigns .
dijo
KVRer

1 post since 11 May, 2014

Postby dijo; Sun May 11, 2014 8:55 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

You should know that there are several ways to tag wav files. You can find info on that, and a list of programs (some are free) on this website - WAV & BWF Metadata Guide
SampleScience
KVRAF

Postby SampleScience; Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 pm Re: Good free wav file metadata tagger?

Thanks! Useful site.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries