rockstar astronaut - music for spaceports I

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

polyslax wrote:Still not finished, but this is amazing, enjoying it so much!
:oops:

and here is the undivided flac version: http://rockstar-astronaut.com/_mfs/musi ... I_flac.zip

wow man. 165 minutes of lovely ambiences.
Thanks! great stuff

Very impressive.

and dynamic, 11 on the DR Meter, good job. Clear and clean.

interrupted circa 100 min, moving towards the more dirt end. Back soon.

astrochimp wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I've just listened to the first part (on bandcamp). It reminds me of a hybrid of late '70s Fripp with Ricochet-era TD. The sounds have some great movement, and the piece is quite hypnotic and imparts a sense of slow-motion. The Eno reference is spot-on.

I'll try and get to the other two parts later in the week.

Good work :)
thank you! i'm very flattered by those comparisons! :oops: i hope it works, listened to in parts.
So far, so good. I'll try to listen to the rest next weekend (4-days off, hopefully) :)

This topic finally caught my eye. I'm looking forward to giving this a good listen!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

annode wrote:After listening to the 2nd 2 3rds a second time, I do have 1 criticism, the ascending/descending tones 1hr and 40min section could be shortened anywhere from 15 to 30mins IMHO.
and i feared people would find it like 2,5 hours too long. :lol:
for a moment i had the same thought while mastering the song, but since most of the synths were recorded live and not programmed, I felt better not shortening those parts.

Just been listening to part 1 while studying. Makes a restful background.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

:hail:

Still want to do this in one uninterrupted listen… is this possible for a modern human?
Image Image

polyslax wrote::hail:

Still want to do this in one uninterrupted listen… is this possible for a modern human?
I decided to cut it into 11, 15min.wav tracks burned onto a dvd. (no silence between trks) This way I can stop it then pick it up later from the last played track.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I am now about 2/3 of the way through now. The middle edit/section has a "spacier" vibe for me. Especially the portamento sounds which remind me of some of those use in Mr. Hillage's 70s solo work. Starting the third part now.

Good work :)

Emerald Tablet wrote:wow man. 165 minutes of lovely ambiences.
Thanks! great stuff
you're welcome! :D

fateamenabletochange wrote:Very impressive.

and dynamic, 11 on the DR Meter, good job. Clear and clean.

interrupted circa 100 min, moving towards the more dirt end. Back soon.
thank you very much! :) it's great that people notice these things. i started to leave the mastering more dynamically with the album before and i think i will remaster the finished tracks of my neverending work in progress, the "saturn's return", album, too.

Have not listened all the way through yet, but what I have heard is very cool! You have created some amazing, space-y sounds. Inspiring, and very nice work!

seismic1 wrote:So far, so good. I'll try to listen to the rest next weekend (4-days off, hopefully) :)
4 days would even be enough to listen to it 34 times in a row! :lol: :help: :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”