What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Any news on Dune 2? (Out Now!!!)

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

solidtrax
KVRist

478 posts since 6 Nov, 2011, from The Netherlands

Postby solidtrax; Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Rommelaar wrote:A while ago the main developer wrote that the remaining bits and pieces before releasing Dune 2, were some graphical user interface (gui) related things and presets. I see the importance for a good gui, but how important are the presets? I get that you need some to inspire and show what your product can do, but is it a selling point? Aren't we all told not use presets and create our own instead?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I ready to become a day one buyer. :love:

Having a big amount of high quality presets is very important and can be the biggest reason for a synth to become (very) popular and widely accepted. Sure, it has to be a good synth to begin with, but don't underestimate the importance of high quality presets!

I can think of a few synth plugins that are very good, but people are not talking about these synths at all and I never see them in a top50 something list of synth plugins. It's exactly these synth plugins that have a factory soundbank that doesn't do the synth any justice.

The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.
Energetic & Evolving for discoDSP Corona! 128 fresh presets for EDM and more!
Patches for synths | Website | Soundcloud | Twitter
idfpower
KVRian

1062 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:23 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

solidtrax wrote:The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.

Very well put ;) That's how I see it as well :)
Last edited by idfpower on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telurica.eu5.org
mcnoone
KVRAF

5367 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

idfpower wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:The amount of people that wants to focus on making music and simply don't have the time or experience to make their own sounds is very big. Somebody with a lot of talent producing/writing music doesn't have to be very good in making patches, and the same can be said the other way around. There are people who can make the most beautiful sounds out of any synth but they don't have to be very good in writing/producing. It's a different art.

Very well put ;) That's how I see it as well :)

So true that.
I put 95% of my time into doing sounds, and 5% into audio demos for those sounds.
If I did music more than the time I spend making sounds. It feels like I'm wasting time.
Last edited by mcnoone on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
solidtrax
KVRist

Postby solidtrax; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:06 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Something wrong happened with that quote, idfpower. Not very important, but maybe you can fix it. :wink:
M.L.M.
KVRist

141 posts since 9 Feb, 2010

Postby M.L.M.; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Teksonik
KVRAF

8711 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:22 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Kevin did you get permission from Rich to post sound examples ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Karten
KVRian

1142 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris, FR

Postby Karten; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:29 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Teksonik wrote:Kevin did you get permission from Rich to post sound examples ?
This, and the GUI as well.
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
mcnoone
KVRAF

5367 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:31 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

M.L.M. wrote:https://soundcloud.com/dejavu-sound/synapse-audio-dune-2-onboard-sound-patches-by-kevin-schroeder

More please
That sounds real good to my ears.
:tu:
LimboLoves
KVRist

410 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Softube FET's on sale but I don't want this to come out and I don't have the money on my card. What to do, what to do.
idfpower
KVRian

1062 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:36 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

solidtrax wrote:Something wrong happened with that quote, idfpower. Not very important, but maybe you can fix it. :wink:

Oopsie :dog: My bad :clown: Sorry :oops:

PS: regarding that Dune2 track - is that sound "doctored", or the actual sound of the synth? 'Cause if it's raw...my God, that thing sounds HUGE ;)
telurica.eu5.org
Raddler1
KVRer

23 posts since 17 Mar, 2012, from Montreal

Postby Raddler1; Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.
kmonkey
KVRAF

3239 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Raddler1 wrote:That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.

sorry it does tell alot if patches where processed with synth onboard effects. Anyway its a great sounding demo reminding me on ...Dune..

and that sequences...are they from Blade Runner
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 pm Re: Any news on Dune 2?

Raddler1 wrote:That demo doesn't tell much, sorry, way to processed with effects.

yep, and squeezed to death my ears bleed.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
solidtrax
KVRist

Postby solidtrax; Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:28 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

murnau wrote:

yep, and squeezed to death my ears bleed.

I don't think it's squeezed to death...

Having said that.. I'm wondering if Richard allowed for this audio demo to be posted in public. :?
pepelogu
KVRist

328 posts since 4 Jan, 2004, from In the now

Postby pepelogu; Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am Re: Any news on Dune 2?

M.L.M. wrote:https://soundcloud.com/dejavu-sound/synapse-audio-dune-2-onboard-sound-patches-by-kevin-schroeder

Sounds amazing!
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments