What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

924 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

As the title says.

Im sure this could be interesting and maybe even give an idea or two to potential entrants.

(I myself dont really have a clear idea yet, but will give it some thought over the coming days.)

Fire away!
KVRAF

6977 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:16 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

-many presets, for the love of God, if I have to patch it myself...

-arpeggiator presets
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRian

1057 posts since 2 Dec, 2008, from Finland

Postby ras.s; Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:35 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Physically modelled flute.
KVRist

268 posts since 12 Jan, 2005

Postby whet; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:45 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

ras.s wrote:Physically modelled flute.

I like that idea :love: .
KVRAF

8939 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

A brass synth with convincing brass emulations (not a Kontakt library)... :love:
KVRian

1232 posts since 11 Oct, 2007

Postby Perimeter Sound; Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:59 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

A new kind of transient designer, or a cool nu-thinking take on that kind of plug-in. :) Synth-wise, I don't know, to be honest there's soooo many good ones available already. Maybe something with a unique approach to -stereo- or unison/detuning ? <----Like in the Dune neighborhood, or just that's the first one that comes to mind as being outstanding/recent in that way. :) Or a synth with sequenced/programmable time-changing filters onboard ? Maybe something like a cross between an arp, and a gate ? But whatever it is, it needs to be user friendly, so we can just get it rawking fast and put it to use even if it doesn't do everything (and it shouldn't try to be everything to everyone ha-ha). Also, it should have some good amp sims/distortion onboard, maybe even in the osc/filter path, as opposed to just being an effect at the end of the chain etc. :D
KVRian

807 posts since 9 Feb, 2013, from dallas tx

Postby yessongs; Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Lead or pad is the question and if it is a lead synth I would want it to have more of an electric feel to it. Think intro to Children of the Sun. If paddish is the thing then I want choirs and vox humana stuff.
KVRAF

3646 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:57 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

An easy to use light cpu 4osc fm synth, like ableton's operator. Available as win/mac VST.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
KVRian

950 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

RunBeerRun wrote:-many presets, for the love of God, if I have to patch it myself...

-arpeggiator presets

This.

I wish for a very light on CPU synth with a killer in depth arpeggiator, delay, reverb, chorus and distortion effects onboard and a hefty bank of presets, tailored for the more aggressive genres (ebm/industrial, for ex). That would be my dream synth ;)
telurica.eu5.org
KVRAF

1898 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

I'm good, actually. I have more soft synths and effects than I actually use.

Though I'd be happy to try out any Mac AU that is physical modeling :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRAF

4485 posts since 24 May, 2002, from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Postby Krakatau; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

whet wrote:
ras.s wrote:Physically modelled flute.

I like that idea :love: .

me too... :tu:
KVRist

189 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Postby urlwolf; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:10 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

A one-page synth with 4 multi-stage envelopes (loop part -sustain- can be a wave, so there's your LFO), drawable waveforms, and two filters. The filters' cutoff and reso can be adjusted by dragging a handle on the rendering of the curve, exactly like straightliner does. A mod matrix like Dionysos (all sources by all destinations, in one page). it doesn't matter if you need 1200x900 pixels for the interface.

This would be a modern-day GUI. Designed for the mouse. No pots if you can avoid them. And an XY pad.
KVRian

1465 posts since 24 Dec, 2005

Postby t3toooo; Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Anything that could be modulated with audio,preferably realtime.
KVRAF

2648 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 pm Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

To quote Errol Morris, something "Fast, Cheap and Out of Control".
KVRian

950 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 am Re: KVRDC 2014 - What Kind Of Instrument Would You Like To See?

Ah, one suggestion to the participating devs: please make sure your plugin's GUI is skinnable (and easy to do it). I can totally understand why some of you will not have the time to invest in graphics, so help us to help you :)
telurica.eu5.org
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments