Waves Kramer MPX Master Tape Native (No Brainer Price) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep, offline installer worked. Subtle.

I really wasn't sure whether I needed this, but the price was too much of a temptation, so I downloaded the demo. Have to say I'm really impressed. Used subtly it sure makes things sounds extra sweet. Insta-buy!

Does have a very nice sound, doesn't it?

Great as an effect, no idea how accurate its tape-ness is.

Any point in getting this if I mainly produce EDM? I'm thinking it might be useful for bus stuff (like drums or something)?
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Any point in getting this if I mainly produce EDM? I'm thinking it might be useful for bus stuff (like drums or something)?
If you don't get it, you won't have the fat beats! :D Seriously though, I don't think it matters what kinda music you do, could be wrong.

whats the copy protection?

Waves secret handshake.

CP is the waves special software sort of thing (Like IKM lic manager).
Eternitysound VST Banks

Echoes in the Attic wrote:whats the copy protection?
Waves has their own software. What I like about it is that you can store the license on a usb stick. I dedicate a stick to waves to reduce the risk of loss due to a bunch of misc writes. Then again, I like dongles, they allow me to move my software where I want to go or split it up across multiple machines, change my machine without hassle etc.

Guys, you're giving away the secret handshake!

I like it ok (the CP used). Ironically I'm like ghetto and use a stick which means I'm not dongle free :ud:

What I didn't like is that it used to be so hard with the ilok because it was copy protection on TOP of copy protection AND the ilok insurance wouldn't work plus they wanted a wup. And waves stuff used to be SUBSTANTIALLY more expensive.

Anyways, the delay is nice too :)

This plugin sounds even better for not being called 'Kramer Bitch' or something similar...

GeorgeZ wrote:Any point in getting this if I mainly produce EDM? I'm thinking it might be useful for bus stuff (like drums or something)?
It probably depends a lot on what type of EDM. The effect is subtle, it's supposed to be. I don't use it as much for EDM as I do on my own voice and guitar, but, to be absolutely clear, I am not a serious musician/producer in any sense of the word. I am completely, as Sendy would say, a "casual producah."

Thanks for the heads up.

Picked this up and it sounds great, especially when using ultra-subtle settings on each channel. Having said that, it can get very nasty if you want it to.

Authorised through Waves License Manager which seems unobtrusive. It doesn't run at start up or anything like that and it appears to be a one-time process that you only need to run once on your machine, much like FXpansion's way of doing things.

Definitely gets a recommendation from me.

samsam wrote:This plugin sounds even better for not being called 'Kramer Bitch' or something similar...
It wouldn't be called kramer bitch but kramer rama...
Finally!

Now that you mention it, Kramerama would be quite a cool name I think...

Return to “Effects”