Abstractor 1.0, Free Synthi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice Gui, downloading, will give it a go tonight.
--JAIDY
--addicted to VSTs --

Chris shows the developers how a good Synthmaker synth should look! :D

(And reminds me of the other minisoftmusik synths again... :wink:)

So I tested it and - for a Synthmaker synth - it sounds incredible. Nice rounded sounds without bad phasing, clear and with a pleasuring resonance that excels at electric pianos and lush pads! 8)

I'm used to hear pretty bad phasing on Synthmaker synths (with the default waveforms) but you must have a special secret why your synths sound so clear... :tu:

The interesting thing that I've discovered so far is that it sounds great in the higher octaves but the phasing can be pretty bad in the lower registers. For bass sounds and drums I wouldn't use it but for higher pads, e-piano and bells its sound is pretty magnificent! 8)

In any case, it's better than many other Synthmaker synths...

Nice synth! WOW! :love:

Is a 64bit version coming?
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

RunBeerRun wrote:It's very cool...
we will go after this bug, maybe it is the midi CC no. 7 which is asigin to the master volume.
urlwolf wrote:Awesome synth...
this are very good ideas but the main goal was do design a very simple synthi. Soon we will bring a new version with some new improvements and with a new sound bank.
n0j0e wrote:Is a 64bit version coming?
We hope so but its not in our hand, maybe with a new FlowStone version.

Risking being in dissonance with the choir of praise, I didn't like this synth. It has potential, but in it's current status, I can't play a sequence of chords without having strange artifacts occuring (voice stealing). I don't know if the problem resides in lack of polyphony or in the envelopes, but if note priority was programmed as it should, there would not happen any voice stealing in the new chords, only in the previous ones.

Besides, with so many patches using (abusing) delay, it's strange that all of them came programmed for just 4-voice, when the synth is capable of 8-voice. Even changing the polyphony to 8-voice didn't solve the matter, though.

So, only things I could do were playing one or two notes per patch - which may be OK for leads and basess, but not for padss, stringsa and keyboards sounds.

I think it has potential, but these issues have to be investigated, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

I haven't had the volume drop out since the 1st day, but it did drop out a few times when I reloaded Savihost. I'm on Savihost 1.29 which is older, says copyright 2006.

I wish someone would use the webcam primitives in Flowstone, I can't really try the demo as it lasts one week then you get a popup. Although I want to make a qwerty to cc thing in SM.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Unfortuantely there are indeed some issues with this synth. I've tried making an audio demo but it kept going out of tune once instances started to pile up. And the CPU load looks (at least to me) still very high. In solo tests by itself it sounds quite impressive, but once you try integrating into a song project it becomes unusable. But this is only my opinion...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

We found indeed a big bug. We will realse a update that fix this problem!

bchrisb wrote:We found indeed a big bug. We will realse a update that fix this problem!
THAT big?

bchrisb wrote:We found indeed a big bug. We will realse a update that fix this problem!
Which one?
Fernando (FMR)

Hey everybody,
a new version ist out. We fixed some bugs and made some improvements. In addition the cpu usage ist much better now. The link for the new version is in he first post.
For Midi CC assigment please read help dialog.

bchrisb wrote:Hey everybody,
a new version ist out. We fixed some bugs and made some improvements. In addition the cpu usage ist much better now. The link for the new version is in he first post.
For Midi CC assigment please read help dialog.
And where is the link to download? Is it the same link posted in OP?
Fernando (FMR)

Yes it is the same, here is the link too

Return to “Instruments”