UHE Uhe Ubik A Re Rack Extension Bug Propellerheads reason 7

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I going to try and keep this easy!!!!
>
>Every time I open up a project with a Ubik A RE as an effect I find that it has reset itself. The name of the patch is always as it was but the sound has changed to (always the same) huge reverb what ever the initial patch was.
>
>This problem has always occured when copping a track with a Ubik A but now it is every time I use it. Even on older projects.
>I reset the Patch save the project and then re open the project and it has reset itself again to the same huge reverb.
>
>I have tried saving my own Patch Name in an alternative folder.
>
>I tried re installing reason 7.0.1
>I tried re installing all of the Re's.
>
>I have not made any PC changes prior to this problem starting.
>
>Actions required to reproduce the problem:
>
>Create project.
>
>Create Kong.
>
>Record simple snare rhythm in short loop.
>
>Add Ubik's A Re.
>
>Turn Wet Dry To 18%
>
>Save project.
>
>Close project.
>
>Re open Project.
>
>See reverb name is the same but the Sound is different????
>
>Troubleshooting already attempted:
>
>I have tried saving my own Patch Name in an alternative folder.
>
>I tried re installing Reason 7.0.1
>I tried re installing all of the Re's.
> I have the latest 1.1.0 version of Ubik A ( Im not sure if the initial problem started after upgrading some months ago to the latest version.)
>I have not made any PC changes prior to this problem starting.

Please help ASAP

It's not Life Threatening but it is very very annoying when I open each Project and have to reset each use of Ubik A.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Can you tell us if switching from "open" to "small", wiggle "HF Range" knob, and go back to "open" solves the issue?

The only bug we know of is the "HF Range" knob doing nothing in "open" mode - it has to be set in any of the other modes. This is fixed internally, and we'll update Uhbik A RE as soon as possible - once the latest changes to the RE SDK have been met by us. We furthermore pray that the GUI restrcitions have not changed yet again, because our external 3D artist can't help out at the moment.

Urs wrote:Can you tell us if switching from "open" to "small", wiggle "HF Range" knob, and go back to "open" solves the issue?

The only bug we know of is the "HF Range" knob doing nothing in "open" mode - it has to be set in any of the other modes. This is fixed internally, and we'll update Uhbik A RE as soon as possible - once the latest changes to the RE SDK have been met by us. We furthermore pray that the GUI restrcitions have not changed yet again, because our external 3D artist can't help out at the moment.
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

OK I will check this out tonight when I'm back in The Studio.
Can you confirm that "Open" mode refers to the "Ubik A Device" being Maximised in Minimized in Size?

Therefore if I "Minimise" every instance of Ubik A in every project the problem should be avoided?

I can say that the problem is temporarily fixed when going to "Open Patch" and re selecting a "Preset Patch". However, this has to be repeated for every time I open a project and with every instance of Ubik A.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sorry, "open" refers to the reverb mode, which can be "small", "direct" and "open".

OK now I understand. It's such a pain at the moment as I use this Device a lot in my Projects for Electric Guitar and Snare Drum "Roomy" Reverb. There has always been a "Bug" with the "Initialise" Patch. Which is my go to patch for
a very light "Roomy" Reverb / Ambiance. This Patch uses "Direct" operation so I'm a little unsure of this "Work Around"
Can you confirm that this Patch should be "Useable" normally?

Thanks in advance

Chris

chrischrischris wrote:OK now I understand. It's such a pain at the moment as I use this Device a lot in my Projects for Electric Guitar and Snare Drum "Roomy" Reverb. There has always been a "Bug" with the "Initialise" Patch. Which is my go to patch for
a very light "Roomy" Reverb / Ambiance. This Patch uses "Direct" operation so I'm a little unsure of this "Work Around"

Thanks in advance

Chris
As far as we know - yes.

The only reported bug is the malfunctioning "HF Range" knob in the "open" reverb mode.

If however you say that it doesn't work as expected otherwise, then we'll start a round of testing. That'll take a few days though as we're currently busy trying to release some update :-|

Urs wrote:
chrischrischris wrote:OK now I understand. It's such a pain at the moment as I use this Device a lot in my Projects for Electric Guitar and Snare Drum "Roomy" Reverb. There has always been a "Bug" with the "Initialise" Patch. Which is my go to patch for

Thanks in advance

Chris
As far as we know - yes.

The only reported bug is the malfunctioning "HF Range" knob in the "open" reverb mode.

If however you say that it doesn't work as expected otherwise, then we'll start a round of testing. That'll take a few days though as we're currently busy trying to release some update :-|
Hi again,

Yeah it does seem to be that very same Bug!!!! Fixed with either reloading the same patch or changing the operation settings.

So, as I understand it there is no permanent work around with this issue.

I patiently await the Release of the Update. I hope it is very soon.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Chris,

phewww… glad it's soemthing that's fixable.

We're trying our best to "clean up 2013" - that is, we want to at least have betas with all fixes by the end of next week. it's a very tough call though.

- Urs

Hi again,

Ha, It's been a little more than a few days since our last conversation. Is there some major hold up? Will there be a new Beta now that the Reason 7.1 is up and running?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sorry, we currently can not compile Rack Extensions that do not crash Reason. We do not know what's going wrong, but we hope that whatever we do to fix our AU/VST/AAXes will also help in this case.

So our first priority at the moment is to get our plug-ins back up into stability, then prepare to do some RE work. For latter we might also need to wait until our new developer is up and going. He starts in May and he replaces Clemens who did the REs and who left us in December.

I'm simply to busy to do this by myself, and the fact that Clemens left us is very unfortunate.

Hi there.
I'm also affected by this bug, and I have a nice suggestion for you how to fix it without pain.

If you have some troubles with coding REs on your own, then it would be wise to hire an external developer which specialize in Rack Extensions, and code optimisations.
I mean Pitchblende. - http://pitchblende.co.nz/
He did REs for multiple developers, and he is ready to be hired.
I collaborate with him a lot, and I can tell you that his coding skills are outstanding.
Last edited by Naviretlav on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naviretlav wrote:Hi there.
I'm also affected by this bug, and I have a nice solution for you how to fix it without pain.

If you have some troubles with coding REs on your own, then it would be wise to hire an external developer which specialize in Rack Extensions, and code optimisations.
I mean Pitchblende. - http://pitchblende.co.nz/
He did REs for multiple developers, and he is ready to be hired.
I collaborate with him a lot, and I can tell you that his coding skills are outstanding.
Your post has both terrible timing, and terrible choice of wording.
Last edited by eXode on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Naviretlav wrote:I collaborate with him a lot, and I can tell you that his coding skills are outstanding.
Implying u-he's programmers aren't as outstanding as that one guy? :clap: :dog:

EvilDragon wrote:implying u-he's programmers aren't as outstanding as that one guy?
just self plugging for some job brokering percentage? :dog:

not sure which one is more inappropriate... :oops:

EvilDragon wrote:
Naviretlav wrote:I collaborate with him a lot, and I can tell you that his coding skills are outstanding.
Implying u-he's programmers aren't as outstanding as that one guy? :clap: :dog:
NO. I'm not saying anything wrong about UHE. I'm just saying that his coding skills are good enough to take care of a product if needed.

Return to “u-he”