Things you would love to see happening in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The option to change the color orange to any other color. Staring at so much orange for anything past an hour gives me a headache.

HamHat wrote:The option to change the color orange to any other color. Staring at so much orange for anything past an hour gives me a headache.
Yeah that would be nice. Or at least another pre-chosen option than orange.

And it's not a big deal but a light theme might be nice. Something with dark text on a lighter grey background.

Also I'd like to see the sidebar (inspector, broswer) on the left for the small profile. It's much closer to the stuff you want to edit that way. The zones for dragging tracks, fx, and samples would be right next to it and when you're editing stuff you are using closer to that side of the screen too, so it makes sense for the inspector to be there.

You should be able to drag and audio clip into empty track space to track a track with a sampler on it with that audio loaded, just like you can do dragging from the browser.

Bitwig should remember if you are using fold in the piano roll for each track. I don't want to switch back and forth when I go back and forth between drums and melodic stuff.

Edit. Audition should be remembered per track too - same thing I want to audition melodic stuff but not drums

muggeman wrote:
KGZM wrote:#1. Full JACK support(including both MIDI and JACK transport) and the ability to open audio and midi ports on Bitwig and bypass port discovery.
As a Linux-User, this is my main concern right now.
+1 !

Ogopogo wrote:Bitwig should remember if you are using fold in the piano roll for each track. I don't want to switch back and forth when I go back and forth between drums and melodic stuff.

Edit. Audition should be remembered per track too - same thing I want to audition melodic stuff but not drums
+1000 :D

+1

Redukt wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Bitwig should remember if you are using fold in the piano roll for each track. I don't want to switch back and forth when I go back and forth between drums and melodic stuff.

+1000 :D
+1

Whould be nice to have in Bitwig
- taptempo for metronome
- navigation between cue markers
- possibility to map any buttons (such as play, stop, metronome) to midi controller
- have a list with mapped faders and buttons

Oh yeah. Gotta have tap tempo.

Multi outs and Surround support!

Easier implementation for our midi controllers, I have no idea what to do with my controllers now that I got bitwig, at least create some sort of down to earth guides for us dummys ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:Easier implementation for our midi controllers, I have no idea what to do with my controllers now that I got bitwig, at least create some sort of down to earth guides for us dummys ;)
I've been thinking about this too. Although, I mainly use my controllers to run transport, move between tracks, volume adjustments, automating cc's, this sort of thing, I've found it's doable once BWS recognizes the device.

For those though who use their controller to adjust VST parameters I suppose you could "MIDI Learn" and achieve this; but I assume with limited success.

Where this will become a PITA is when you cannot save/load a template.

BTW - none of my transport controls function on my devices because I don't know how to script them. Finally just gave up in hopes the manufacturers get on board with support for BWS. One says they will not :shrug:

What is it you use a controller for that MIDI learn will not work for you?

I imagine at some point BWS will provide us usable scripts for some hardware. This may be a while though considering all the missing features and bugs they are working to fix.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

trusampler wrote:Easier implementation for our midi controllers, I have no idea what to do with my controllers now that I got bitwig, at least create some sort of down to earth guides for us dummys ;)
+1

Return to “Bitwig”