howto crossfade slices?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey - i'm using TX16WX as sampler for an MLR patch that i programmed for my launchpad. great sampler.

however, i cannot figure out how to apply crossfade loops to slices. i see the buton up there, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

clean, sudden slices of loops play back poorly at slower tempos than the source material.
one way around this is to apply a crossfade loop to each slice and bump up the release parameter.

i hope that there is a bulk process for this, because manually setting xfades for each of 64 samples isn't practical.

thanks for your time and work
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

ok so i've found that if you expand the sliced sample under the wave editor, you can click on the blue "slice" text to choose your loop mode. that's good. how do you perform this operation on multiple slices at once?
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

it appears that neither TX16WX nor Shortcircuit allow bulk crossfading.

i gave up trying to use native slicing in these samplers for this application. Shortcircuit does not offer even slicing (4, 16, 32, 64) like TX does. TX seems to allow either looping OR slicing, but not both.

so instead, i started slicing the samples to size in REAPER. i ended up with 64 equal sized samples. now, my goal was to load them into a sampler and bulk-apply loop points and crossfades.

in Shortcircuit, you can select all samples and apply a "forwards loop crossfade" but it appears that all crossfade points must be entered manually.

in TX16WX, it appears that you cannot bulk-add loops to multiple samples.

i'm disappointed that my only option for this still appears to be an MPC with jjos. i really hope i'm missing something.

Return to “CWITEC”