Karten - Fragile Geometry (Synplant work)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I think I'm done with the demo for my new bank for Synplant but I need some feedback as I've been working on it a lot today and I can't hear what's wrong anymore.
Thanks for listening and commenting.

https://soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio/s ... cellspace2
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I don't quite get the detuned sound playing at 3:04 -3:20 - slightly out of place imo (too much detune?). Other than that, it's a really great sounding and enjoyable track, I didn't hear anything wrong with it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

great sounds for synplant. nice tune really only i dont like the beat-section especially the snare is to "acoustic" to organic in context to the synplant sounds same goes for the hihats. also the beat in general is very dry could benefit from a little reverb effect here and there just to fit better to the overall impression.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thank you both for the feedback.

recursive one, about the detuned pad, that was tough to fix. Let me explain.
On that particular sound, the modwheel is at a high value and Synplant makes the "stems" grow. However, they don't grow uniformally but there are slight differences between the notes. It's the G that was giving me troubles and I couldn't change anything in the DNA part as it would have changed the entire sound. By moving the G stem by 1 pixel, it worked and now it sounds better (not perfect but I don't want it to be). Besides, the tuning of one oscillator is modulated and in that part, 5 notes are being played at the same time. But if I reduce the modulation, it sounds think and flat. Imagine the mess...
Fortunately, it's a patch that I modified specifically for the demo so this version will be included in the bank as an extra preset.

murnau, the samples I used for snare, hats and the layered kick come from Wave Alchemy's Synth Drums. So they were all made with analogue hardware. The rest come from NI Synthetic Drums vol.2, I think.
I did follow your advice and reworked the Breeze patch I used for the drum reverb. The drums are now wetter and I also used a slight delay on the hats, which gives them a nice feel.

I'm done for now and since the track has been reposted by Magnus Lidström of Sonic Charge, it must be alright.
Now, I need a lot of sleep and I'll spend the weekend outside with my family.

if anyone else has something to say, good or bad, I'm open though I won't touch the track for a few days.

great! have a nice weekend with your family! wish you only the best! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:great! have a nice weekend with your family! wish you only the best! :tu:
Thanks! Have a nice Easter weekend.

I updated the demo a little bit, slightly modifying (hopefully improving) the drum parts.
If you have any feedback to give, that would be nice. But this is the final version of the track.

the sounds are very nice!

astrochimp wrote:the sounds are very nice!
Thanks! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”