Finally: Venom VB-303 v1.00

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

been working on a button combo aid (midi vst) any preference on whether i should dark the unused buttons or not?

probably yes

so you need to just slap some "toggle-type" buttons and hook them to gate/cv-to-midi
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

buttons to trigger2midis.
done.

does anyone need certain ins and outs to make their hosts accept midi plugins?

edit:fixed.

here it is,a midi only plugin to help those without a midi keyboard.
simply connect it's midi out to VB-303's midi in then you can do button combos.
VB-303-control
and i've included a version with added dummy audio ins and outs for odd hosts that have trouble recognizing midi only plugins.

thanks antto for a wicked machine! :borg:
Last edited by spacedad on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excellent haha! thanks, cool idea. i don't know if it will
work with Orion..although i can send MIDI from one plugin
to another - i'm pretty sure it doesn't handle MIDI plugins.
odd hosts should do it.

i see you had the same question i had re: colour tone for
those dark buttons - tricky one!! just recently exactly
the same issue.

don't you need to hold the 'next' key for combos too? for oct+slide ?

hmm,seems so.
new button to make.
anyone know if there's anymore i need to do?

just noticed my VB-303 folder hasn't got a patterns folder in it,is it supposed to generate one on start?
(it has a EMPTY.nsm and a N0NS3q_config.cfg and a zN0N_ka.dbg in the sem folder.)

<it has a pattern folder in the beta>

oh lord.. yes.. the NEXT key has to be held too

for the patterns, if you have extracted the zip file (as is suggested in the manual) without moving stuff manually, then you should have:
/Venom/ (main dir, the VB-303.DLL is here, readme and manual here too)
/Venom/VB-303/ (the CFG-dir - empty.nsm or default.nsm go here, all modules get extracted here)
/Venom/VB-303/patterns/

the /patterns/ folder is part of the zip, but since it's empty, your unzipper might have omitted creating it.. who knows
Note: if you rename the dll to something else.. for example BLAH.DLL - when you run the plugin - it will create a subfolder /Venom/BLAH/ and extract all modules there (this is normal SE 1.0x behaviour), then the sequencer will use THAT as a cfg-dir..
in such case, the sequencer will expect /Venom/BLAH/patterns/ subfolder, which doesn't exist (unless you manually create it)
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

thanks,done it.
not sure what i did,maybe my extracted to VenomVB303_v100 which is what the zip is called.but i must have messed it up somehow.

finally worked through the manual,
i'll do the next button asap.

ok,done.
i updated the pic + zip above.
happy combo pressing.:)

antto wrote:MidiPlay mode is locked on purpose
it prints 4 numbers, you have to enter those numbers but subtracted from 9
if it prints 1428 you enter 8571, it should then print "okay" and it's unlocked
if you fail to do it from the first time - switch to another mode, then back to MidiPlay and retry

once unlocked - use the "Trigger" channel to play notes

this is not a bug, it's on purpose, i encourage you to use the internal sequencer instead
Please fix that! It's really a pain to use the VB303 with MidiPlay... also when reloading the whole project.

it doesnt seem possible to enter the number code, the number doesnt advance to the next number after the 'correct' number has been entered. :?

having an internal sequencer present is nice, but at the expense of a nagware routine that eliminates 90% of those who might use this plugin. :cry:

the same people who will use venom vb-303 also probably own a xoxbox or a hardware 303, and therefore would have no need for a plugin anyway. :dog:

it would be a shame to leave it that way, nobody is using this plugin as it is. it's already freeware, but it would probably be newsworthy if the crippleware routine were eliminated on a subsequent release. :x

Pros:
its genius programming.
it sounds great.

Cons:
the gui is too small.
i don't use the plugin because it contains malicious code (the midi play cripple routine)

in short, my feeling is the developer is very talented and a genius, but he is also a bit cheeky.

spacedad wrote:edit:fixed.

here it is,a midi only plugin to help those without a midi keyboard.
simply connect it's midi out to VB-303's midi in then you can do button combos.
VB-303-control
and i've included a version with added dummy audio ins and outs for odd hosts that have trouble recognizing midi only plugins.

thanks antto for a wicked machine! :borg:
just use the internal sequencer,like the real thing!
that's the best thing.
this is a great emu.
i made a control plug to make button combos easier.
have fun. :party:

Return to “Instruments”