V-Station Demo (Less Loud but still noisy than previous version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A month ago I uploaded a 1 minute clip of me dicking around in Novation V-Station. Only one person cared enough to respond, so probably no one else will care.
But, I went ahead and extended it. It's less loud by 1db, but it's still rackety and noisy. But hell, it's kind of pretty-sounding I guess.

https://soundcloud.com/ntommusic/waitin ... demo-track

He mentioned he liked the arps with the filter closed, so there's a lot more of that in here.

I certainly did. I think the filter transitions certainly give the track a more dynamic and interesting feel. Maybe you could try adding a variation to the bassline in alternate third bars of each 4-bar sequence in the last third of the track. It might inject a little "edge" to the piece and the variation might make the arp motif even more effective. Looking forward to the vocals.

Good work :)

Thanks! Not a bad idea on the bassline. Though this was kind of just a screw around song; I honestly didn't expect to even make a full song out of it! :lol:
I'm certain you know I typically return to old songs at some later date sometime down the road, so should I, I'll be sure to make sure to change the bass line up a bit there at the end.

As per the lyrics; I was actually referring to a different song.....haven't released the instrumental to it yet either, because I figured getting these lyrics from BAILEES7IRISH wouldn't take so gaddammed long :x hashtagimpatience.....

It's one thing to think he may be working on them, but when he tells me he has them and *thought* he uploaded them to our dropbox but they are clearly not there and then it takes a week before he responds and says "I thought they were there, let me check" and then doesn't get back to me.....GAH!!! aggravation.

Anyways....that song up soon....call it the cynic's anthem to the music industry.

Return to “Music Cafe”