Vengeance Sound Glitch Bitch

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Glitch Bitch

aMUSEd wrote:Just to be clear this has nothing to do with "morality" (or so called "political correctness"). I don't think anyone complaining about the name gives a f**k about it being a "rude" word. The problem is the sexist language and marketing. Just imagine if he'd made a drum replacement plugin called "Trigger n*gg*r"? Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to defend that one? However there is no difference.
On top of that, many people are just saying "the name's a bit tasteless" which can be filed under constructive criticism. The whole "I knew this would happen, silly Internet moralizers!" tack just reflects badly on the developers. "We know it's a bit edgy but we don't care" would have been more honest.

And saying "there were sexist/edgy/un-PC product names in the past" really signifies nothing. If nothing ever changed because "it happened in the past" society would never progress.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

murnau wrote:
C-note wrote:
murnau wrote:

yeah, this is really lame. imagine you show your 14 years old son your plugin arsenal: now this is named "glitch bitch" my son! isn't that really funny? love it! :lol:

you see, it's even more critical when you are a dev like vengeance/refx who have the main focus on the.. ..let say "little bit younger community of musicians" (beside Theo ofcoz'). :)
sure, like your 14 year old son hasn't heard/seen a lot worse in his video games or Guitar pedals... add Lucifer and Krishna Synth to the list your son shouldn't see also...Geez... try the plug already...
i don't have a son only my gf a real glitch bitch! :)
:lol:

aMUSEd wrote:Just to be clear this has nothing to do with "morality" (or so called "political correctness"). I don't think anyone complaining about the name gives a f**k about it being a "rude" word. The problem is the sexist language and marketing. Just imagine if he'd made a drum replacement plugin called "Trigger n*gg*r"? Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to defend that one? However there is no difference.
this

Sendy wrote: On top of that, many people are just saying "the name's a bit tasteless" which can be filed under constructive criticism. The whole "I knew this would happen, silly Internet moralizers!" tack just reflects badly on the developers. "We know it's a bit edgy but we don't care" would have been more honest.

And saying "there were sexist/edgy/un-PC product names in the past" really signifies nothing. If nothing ever changed because "it happened in the past" society would never progress.
I think the answer is that the devs liked the name and used it. No apology needed. I hope society never progresses but that individuals do. Obviously, individuals invented plugins right?

Most of the thread so far seems to consist of bitching( pun intended :D ) about the name. Do Glitch Bitch or Tape Stop offer anything new? Seems to me that there are other plug-ins out there that can do this stuff. Do these do it better?

Armadillosound wrote:Most of the thread so far seems to consist of bitching( pun intended :D ) about the name. Do Glitch Bitch or Tape Stop offer anything new? Seems to me that there are other plug-ins out there that can do this stuff. Do these do it better?
It sounds good to me. I've already got Effectrix yet there are some things here that caught my attention.

Uncle E wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:Most of the thread so far seems to consist of bitching( pun intended :D ) about the name. Do Glitch Bitch or Tape Stop offer anything new? Seems to me that there are other plug-ins out there that can do this stuff. Do these do it better?
It sounds good to me. I've already got Effectrix yet there are some things here that caught my attention.
Thanks for the info, have you also tried Tape Stop?

Armadillosound wrote:Thanks for the info, have you also tried Tape Stop?
A long time ago. It seems like this goes way beyond that, no?

Uncle E wrote:
Armadillosound wrote:Thanks for the info, have you also tried Tape Stop?
A long time ago. It seems like this goes way beyond that, no?
It does seem to be the case. Strange that they have released them without any chance to try the demos.

Armadillosound wrote:It does seem to be the case. Strange that they have released them without any chance to try the demos.
It seems there will be a demo, just not in time if you want to get their 20% vEaster discount.

No English PDF yet so if anyone can translate until released would have been useful.
Appears no vst3, no sidechain, no midi trigger - these to me are essential for this type of plugin. Without it's pretty much useless as can only trigger with GUI up and using the mouse button on the Glitch button. But there is the usual [w]/[r] buttons but if no midi, how would these be captured for record/playback on a assigned midi track?
Nice effects but I would say SugerBytes Turnado or iZotopes Stutteredit is better in terms of flexibility for triggering and use in DAW or Maschine etc. Suger bytes have a discount running so get in there.
As far as the name, I really don't see the issue, I guess Sausage Fattner came under the same scrutiny of those with the unsavory minds :)

So everyone is offended because a plugin is named after the term for a female dog?

:hihi:

You guys must pop a blood vessel and shit your pants everytime you hear a lot of popular music recorded in the past 50 years.

Rock n Roll never died it just got crushed by KVRian political correctness
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fish
Last edited by samsam on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MFXxx wrote:No English PDF yet so if anyone can translate until released would have been useful.
Appears no vst3, no sidechain, no midi trigger
According to the Vengeance blurb there is vst3 :?

I prefer fx like these that you can trigger a preset by midi. Otherwise, it's one preset on one track, unless you want to stack them and waste CPU by triggering them on and off via an Automation track.
This is why I love GrossBeat and StutterEdit.

Return to “Effects”