Complete synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
+1
I barely could control myself yesterday and didn't buy it (again). It is now discounted and with the additional discount from JRR Shop, it is a bargain. Oh how much I miss Strobe and Cypher (both the great analog sound and GUI)! But I need the money now. Maybe in the next discount.

Anyway for the OP, Fusor is what he/she wants mostly. It has great effects, three slots for whatever synth (from the 3 synths) and also Animator which is more than step sequencer and arpeggiator. The only downside is, it can eat a lot of cpu (depending on the preset).
Last edited by EnGee on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnGee wrote:Anyway for the OP, Fusor is what she wants mostly.
SHE? :o :-o :shock:

(Did you change your gender, Fluffy_little_something?)

No idea why so many people think I am female, maybe I am not vulgar enough :o
Anyway, back to the f**king topic...

fluffy_little_something wrote:No idea why so many people think I am female, maybe I am not vulgar enough :o
Or perhaps the effeminate handle...or the effeminate avatar...or that pink D&G bag that you use to carry your avatar...

On topic, HALion Sonic and Omnisphere also fit the bill, loosely.

Why stop there, add also a sequencer or piano roll and loads other plugins then you wouldn't even need a daw?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

ghettosynth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
In my opinion, you're much better off to go with something like MuTools MUX as your intermediary. This gives you the essential nature of Live's Instrument Rack that you can use across any DAW. Build up your sounds from your library of plugins and effects.
No OSX version of Mux
Which leaves bidule, right? Too bad the user "ui" tools are so bad. Still, I'd go that route before limiting myself to synths that have effects if I didn't want to recreate chains. I can't imagine such a restricted environment. I view this sort of thing as a DAW level construct. At any rate, another option is ImageLine's modular environment that's currently in beta. I haven't checked it out.
All those sorts of environments are too complex themselves... for me that is... That is why I just stick to one DAW.

fluffy_little_something wrote:No idea why so many people think I am female, maybe I am not vulgar enough :o
Sorry if that offended you. Sometimes we have incorrect images. I have added 'he', so now it is more neutral.

EnGee wrote:
Sorry if that offended you. Sometimes we have incorrect images. I have added 'he', so now it is more neutral.
No no, I was not offended :o Why would it be an offense to be considered a woman :) After all, women are the best thing in this world, right after music :hihi:

I just think it is funny that someone would expect an unknown person to be a woman on this estrogen-deprived nerd board, where probably 99% of the members are men :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I just think it is funny that someone would expect an unknown person to be a woman on this estrogen-deprived nerd board, where probably 99% of the members are men :)
Probably. Not the best place here to find a girl... :cry:

But...BACK TO THE F***KING TOPIC! :x

You might try Reaktor... :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote:I just think it is funny that someone would expect an unknown person to be a woman on this estrogen-deprived nerd board, where probably 99% of the members are men :)
It's funny, but on the other side of the coin, I was almost surprised to realize that Sendy is a woman. She's one of the more knowledgeable people on this board when it comes to synthesis and really gets deep into the nuts and bolts of it, and somehow at first I had pictured some uber-nerdboy, LOL. Stereotypes, stereotypes.

As far as all-in-one synths, I can't think of any I've tried right offhand where I thought the onboard effects were top-rate enough that it wouldn't feel like a sonic compromise to just use the onboard effects and not replace at least some of them, in some contexts, with separate plugins. Particularly reverbs...I don't think very many synths have onboard reverb that can pee in the same restroom with the likes of Relab and Exponential Audio. Granted, it's not as much of an issue for me since I switched to Reaper outright years ago and have no desire to use any other DAW...I just got to a point where I just wanted to get on with making music and have the tools be more transparent, without getting confused about what the keyboard shortcuts were and such.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Audjoo Helix is pretty complete and very flexible. I really don't know why people don't talk about it more.
Perhaps because it never goes on sale.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Vectorman wrote:
It's funny, but on the other side of the coin, I was almost surprised to realize that Sendy is a woman. She's one of the more knowledgeable people on this board when it comes to synthesis and really gets deep into the nuts and bolts of it, and somehow at first I had pictured some uber-nerdboy, LOL. Stereotypes, stereotypes.

As far as all-in-one synths, I can't think of any I've tried right offhand where I thought the onboard effects were top-rate enough that it wouldn't feel like a sonic compromise to just use the onboard effects and not replace at least some of them, in some contexts, with separate plugins. Particularly reverbs...I don't think very many synths have onboard reverb that can pee in the same restroom with the likes of Relab and Exponential Audio. Granted, it's not as much of an issue for me since I switched to Reaper outright years ago and have no desire to use any other DAW...I just got to a point where I just wanted to get on with making music and have the tools be more transparent, without getting confused about what the keyboard shortcuts were and such.
I thought Sendy might be a woman's name, but also did not really believe it...

Yes, built-in reverbs are often not that good, the worst I know is the standard Synthedit reverb, it sounds like crap. But I don't use much reverb anyway as it tends to take the character and definition out of sounds. I guess a good chorus is more important to me.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, built-in reverbs are often not that good, the worst I know is the standard Synthedit reverb, it sounds like crap. But I don't use much reverb anyway as it tends to take the character and definition out of sounds. I guess a good chorus is more important to me.
DCAM Synth Squad has Breverb built-in.

Karten wrote:Audjoo Helix is pretty complete and very flexible. I really don't know why people don't talk about it more.
Perhaps because it never goes on sale.
ditto. still one of the most underrated synths in the plugin realm.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”