What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Brother Charles
KVRian
 
718 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

HI pals n' gals,

Bro. Charles here. :)

I've just published a new review of the stellar "EP73 Deconstructed" by SonicCouture. If you're interested, feel free to visit Reviewer's Revival web site and check it out. I've also produced a couple of vids to (hopefully) compliment the written review. . .

SonicCouture EP73 Deconstructed Review – Uncontested King of Rhodes Samples?
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
jancivil
KVRAF
 
9503 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

I love this thing.
Lode_Runner
KVRist
 
391 posts since 1 Jul, 2011

Postby Lode_Runner; Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:52 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors to claim its the 'uncontested' best on the basis of comparisons with Scarbee Vintage Keys, the Kontakt Factory Library (Elektrik Piano) and Dusty Electric MKII from Precision Sound.

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few. Some of these would be stronger competitors than the ones you've mentioned.

Still none-the-less I did enjoy your review, and it's an awesome EP.
Brother Charles
KVRian
 
718 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:55 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors to claim its the 'uncontested' best on the basis of comparisons with Scarbee Vintage Keys, the Kontakt Factory Library (Elektrik Piano) and Dusty Electric MKII from Precision Sound.

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few. Some of these would be stronger competitors than the ones you've mentioned.

Still none-the-less I did enjoy your review, and it's an awesome EP.

Thanks, Lode_Runner. I'm glad you liked the review. You raise a good point in stating that I could have mentioned more competitors' products. Like you, I greatly respect those other products as well.

I don't typically like to draw readers into head-to-head comparisons; I'd rather discuss one product at a time. I respectfully nodded to the few "older-skool" items cited in order to establish a strong foundation of the extensiveness of SonicCouture's deep-sampling efforts and the unique characteristics of EP73. I honestly try to shy away from "who's better, who's best" situations. Rather, I like reviewing the strengths and/or weaknesses of each product on its own merit. :)

Mind you, sometimes it's actually necessary to mention special features, "WOW" factors, or obvious failings . . .
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Lode_Runner
KVRist
 
391 posts since 1 Jul, 2011

Postby Lode_Runner; Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 am Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Thanks for the explanation Brother Charles. I better understand now why you chose to reference the older libraries - these were the previous high standard that Soniccouture has surpassed and certainly libraries a lot of users would be familiar with as references.
Brother Charles
KVRian
 
718 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Hi again, Lode_Runner. I just wanted to mention that I will be reviewing some of the EP sample VIs that you mentioned in the not-too-distant future.
Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors . . .

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few.

Still none-the-less I did enjoy your review, and it's an awesome EP.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Lode_Runner
KVRist
 
391 posts since 1 Jul, 2011

Postby Lode_Runner; Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:25 am Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

It'll be good to read your review of Gospel Musician's Neo-Soul Keys if you're reviewing that one. I have 3x and love the suitcase and wurli, but I haven't upgraded to 5x to get the dyno or the EX5, so would love to hear your thoughts on those models.

That said Jamal's demo vids definitely cover a lot of ground in showing how great they sound, although I'm sure he makes them sound much better than I could hope to :-)
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
 
3725 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:19 am Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Being that I have an actual Mark 1 in my studio room, I stayed away from buying this, but their Broken Wurli is by far the best Wurlitzer around for my money. The range of sounds you can get out of it are immense. Not to mention the playability. These guys know how to sample EPs.
Brother Charles
KVRian
 
718 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:05 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

I totally agree with you that "Broken Wurli" is one of the best around. And yes, SC certainly do know how to sample EPs! :D
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:. . . Broken Wurli is by far the best Wurlitzer around for my money. The range of sounds you can get out of it are immense. Not to mention the playability. These guys know how to sample EPs.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Brother Charles
KVRian
 
718 posts since 2 Jan, 2012, from Alberta, Canada

Postby Brother Charles; Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 pm Re: New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

DOH! I haven't been able to come by 3X or 5X yet. I would absolutely luv, luv, luv to get my mitts on them though. :love:
That said, I do own The (Steinberg Hallion-powered) Neo Soul Keys.
Lode_Runner wrote:It'll be good to read your review of Gospel Musician's Neo-Soul Keys if you're reviewing that one. I have 3x and love the suitcase and wurli, but I haven't upgraded to 5x to get the dyno or the EX5, so would love to hear your thoughts on those models.

That said Jamal's demo vids definitely cover a lot of ground in showing how great they sound, although I'm sure he makes them sound much better than I could hope to :-)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries