New RR Review: SonicCouture's EP73 Deconstructed

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI pals n' gals,

Bro. Charles here. :)

I've just published a new review of the stellar "EP73 Deconstructed" by SonicCouture. If you're interested, feel free to visit Reviewer's Revival web site and check it out. I've also produced a couple of vids to (hopefully) compliment the written review. . .

SonicCouture EP73 Deconstructed Review – Uncontested King of Rhodes Samples?
Last edited by Brother Charles on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

I love this thing.

Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors to claim its the 'uncontested' best on the basis of comparisons with Scarbee Vintage Keys, the Kontakt Factory Library (Elektrik Piano) and Dusty Electric MKII from Precision Sound.

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few. Some of these would be stronger competitors than the ones you've mentioned.

Still none-the-less I did enjoy your review, and it's an awesome EP.

Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors to claim its the 'uncontested' best on the basis of comparisons with Scarbee Vintage Keys, the Kontakt Factory Library (Elektrik Piano) and Dusty Electric MKII from Precision Sound.

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few. Some of these would be stronger competitors than the ones you've mentioned.

Thanks, Lode_Runner. I'm glad you liked the review. You raise a good point in stating that I could have mentioned more competitors' products. Like you, I greatly respect those other products as well.

I don't typically like to draw readers into head-to-head comparisons; I'd rather discuss one product at a time. I respectfully nodded to the few "older-skool" items cited in order to establish a strong foundation of the extensiveness of SonicCouture's deep-sampling efforts and the unique characteristics of EP73. I honestly try to shy away from "who's better, who's best" situations. Rather, I like reviewing the strengths and/or weaknesses of each product on its own merit. :)

Mind you, sometimes it's actually necessary to mention special features, "WOW" factors, or obvious failings . . .
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Thanks for the explanation Brother Charles. I better understand now why you chose to reference the older libraries - these were the previous high standard that Soniccouture has surpassed and certainly libraries a lot of users would be familiar with as references.

Hi again, Lode_Runner. I just wanted to mention that I will be reviewing some of the EP sample VIs that you mentioned in the not-too-distant future.
Lode_Runner wrote:Thanks Brother Charles.

I am a huge Soniccouture fan and think EP73 Deconstructed is probably one of the best Rhodes libraries out there. However, I think that you may not have compared it to enough competitors . . .

Other competitors are Gospel Musician's NeoSoul Keys (I love the Suitcase model), XLN Audio's Addictive Keys MK1, UVI's Tines Anthology, Acoustic Samples Mark79, Sampletekk's Tubed Keys Mark 1 73, Cinematique Instruments Electric Piano, Tronsonic's Rhodetron to name just a few.

Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

It'll be good to read your review of Gospel Musician's Neo-Soul Keys if you're reviewing that one. I have 3x and love the suitcase and wurli, but I haven't upgraded to 5x to get the dyno or the EX5, so would love to hear your thoughts on those models.

That said Jamal's demo vids definitely cover a lot of ground in showing how great they sound, although I'm sure he makes them sound much better than I could hope to :-)

Being that I have an actual Mark 1 in my studio room, I stayed away from buying this, but their Broken Wurli is by far the best Wurlitzer around for my money. The range of sounds you can get out of it are immense. Not to mention the playability. These guys know how to sample EPs.

I totally agree with you that "Broken Wurli" is one of the best around. And yes, SC certainly do know how to sample EPs! :D
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:. . . Broken Wurli is by far the best Wurlitzer around for my money. The range of sounds you can get out of it are immense. Not to mention the playability. These guys know how to sample EPs.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

DOH! I haven't been able to come by 3X or 5X yet. I would absolutely luv, luv, luv to get my mitts on them though. :love:
That said, I do own The (Steinberg Hallion-powered) Neo Soul Keys.
Lode_Runner wrote:It'll be good to read your review of Gospel Musician's Neo-Soul Keys if you're reviewing that one. I have 3x and love the suitcase and wurli, but I haven't upgraded to 5x to get the dyno or the EX5, so would love to hear your thoughts on those models.

That said Jamal's demo vids definitely cover a lot of ground in showing how great they sound, although I'm sure he makes them sound much better than I could hope to :-)
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”