MultiOut VSTi (NI Kontakt) support

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So i've tried demo and it seems that bitwig doesnt have full support for multiout vst instruments like NI Kontakt, Spectrasonics stuff and others...
Am i blind or what? ))
And if there's no such thing (which is really umm.... :cry: ) when developers are gonna implement it, 'coz i didnt find it in "roadmap" plan.

And please, question #2. Is there way to load single instance of instrument and route midi from other tracks to this instrument?

Thx for your attention

1. no
2. no

but all will be before version 2.0

Hi groovyboy,

No multi Out yet. It will be implemented I'm sure but no idea about when. No midi routing either. That will probably get implemented down the line too, but unlike multi out there are ways and workarounds.
First you can place midi generators before instrument unlike eg ableton live.
Second ( and to answer your 2nd question) you can use the hardware instrument tool to route midi from and to other channels. Do a quick search in this forum and you'll find how for both win and osx. Short answer is via virtual midi.

Cheers!

Geek Model wrote:but all will be before version 2.0
The devs did say that vst multiout will come before v2, but I don't know if they specificly said midi routing between tracks will come before v2. Do you have a source for that?

The two are pretty inseparable as far as I'm concerned...

Yeah I guess so if you are talking stuff like kontakt. But maybe not technically. I just don't want people to get their hopes up or put words in the devs mouths.

nechronics wrote:The two are pretty inseparable as far as I'm concerned...
I thought the same at first and was a bit confused by Ogopogo's statement, but after thinking about it for a bit, they are definitely different features and both need to be implemented.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thank you all for your answers!
Such a disappointment...
But at least there's hope it will be implemented... ummm... some day

Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 00.53.51.png
So i think that story will be the same with midi routing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^Right, that's the proof for VST multiout but the question is if that really means midi routing between tracks will come at the same time. I would guess it would too, I just don't want to jump to conclusions.

dsan@mail.com wrote:
nechronics wrote:The two are pretty inseparable as far as I'm concerned...
I thought the same at first and was a bit confused by Ogopogo's statement, but after thinking about it for a bit, they are definitely different features and both need to be implemented.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Oh, no doubt they are completely separate features...but I guess my point is...multi-out would be crippled, functionality wise, if midi routing wasn't also possible. I wouldn't get much farther than I am now with just multi-out alone :)

Well, for one you could use drum plugs and process separately without midi routing between tracks. And there is the argument that if you really want to use multiple sounds in something like kontakt you can just use multiple instances so it would make some sense I guess. But yeah I imagine Bitwig and most folks are following your line of thought.

Return to “Bitwig”