Any news on Dune 2? (Out Now!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

So..release date is when? Some day next week?

Some day...

mysticvibes wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:Someone mentions the gui, was that posted then removed?
I suppose the track's image is a 3D rendering of the Dune 2 GUI.
Can anyone deduce anything from that image, feature wise? :D It looks like a left or right panning for 5 oscillators maybe?
Yes, a kind of mixer :)
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-00007683 ... pg?164b459

The sound is lively and pleasant, but rather digital judging from those few sounds, very modern and polished.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The sound is lively and pleasant, but rather digital judging from those few sounds, very modern and polished.
DUNE 2 is very flexible. You can make it sound vintage and dirty too.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Does anybody have an idea how much it's going to cost?

LimboLoves wrote:Does anybody have an idea how much it's going to cost?
I assume more than Dune 1, so either more than Dune 1 in absolute terms or they will lower the price of Dune 1 and Dune 2 will cost about as much as Dune 1 has so far.

Karten wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:The sound is lively and pleasant, but rather digital judging from those few sounds, very modern and polished.
DUNE 2 is very flexible. You can make it sound vintage and dirty too.
It was not meant in a negative way, it sounds nice as is, I don't like dirty or distorted sounds...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:Does anybody have an idea how much it's going to cost?
I assume more than Dune 1, so either more than Dune 1 in absolute terms or they will lower the price of Dune 1 and Dune 2 will cost about as much as Dune 1 has so far.
If it's 199 or lower i'm buying, if not, I'll have to skip until a sale :cry:

The audio demo that was posted sounds like Dune 2 still has that cloudy top end that Dune 1 has.
You are currently reading my signature.

Cloudy, um, Is that good or bad?

It sounds bitcrushed at the top.. maybe aliasing.. it sounds harsh in the highs.. not sure what it is.

Probably an asset though to certain sounds.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Cloudy, um, Is that good or bad?
Bad, the same reason why I don't like Dune v1.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:The audio demo that was posted sounds like Dune 2 still has that cloudy top end that Dune 1 has.
It's probably Soundcloud that makes it cloudy, whatever that is. :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:The audio demo that was posted sounds like Dune 2 still has that cloudy top end that Dune 1 has.
It's probably Soundcloud that makes it cloudy, whatever that is. :D
They should change their name to Cloudysound :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Soundcloudy :D
But I assume djanthonyw has tried Dune 1 and found it cloudy in his DAW as well. But I am not sure what cloudy sounds like, either.

It does sound a bit too modern for my taste, too bombastic. But I will have to see myself if it can be subtle as well. I assume it is rather versatile, already with v1 there were annoying patches, but also good ones. I like the 5th audio demo (the one by floydfisher) on the website, for instance.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”