key shortcuts in 2.0.7

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

changelog of 2.0.7 says:
+ Fixed mute and solo alt key shortcut issues

not sure what this means. in older versions I could use SHIFT/COMMAND + click to mute and solo. in 2.0.7. this doesn't wok. neither does right-click open a context menu.

I am using DS2 in Live 9.1

pure wrote:changelog of 2.0.7 says:
+ Fixed mute and solo alt key shortcut issues

not sure what this means. in older versions I could use SHIFT/COMMAND + click to mute and solo. in 2.0.7. this doesn't wok. neither does right-click open a context menu.

I am using DS2 in Live 9.1
You're right. The SHIFT/COMMAND shortcuts should be working but aren't. We'll look into that.

The alt key shortcut refers to group mute and solo behaviour. So, if several pads are solo'd alt-clicking on one of the solo buttons will clear them all in one go. Same with the mutes.

Also, if two pads are solo'd and you alt-click solo on a new pad then the new pad will solo'd and any existing solos will be cleared.

Hope that makes sense!

thanks for the explanation - makes complete sense...

while we are at key shortcuts I'd like to suggest a workflow improvement (at least for my way of working):
I mainly use the computer keyboard in Live to draft beats and work them out with mouse and arrow keys afterwards. in this process the following shortcuts would make the beat making faster and more intuitive for me:
key -> play pad
shift+key: mute pad
command+key (might cause trouble in some DAWs): solo key
alt+key: switch into model editor / switch back to pad editor

Interesting suggestions, thanks!

AudioSpillage

Return to “AudioSpillage”