MReverb Presets Colors

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok so I updated MReverb to 8.0 just to see if the new Styles are as bad as I thought and they're not.........they're worse but it's too late now.

Anyway is there a way to change the Presets colors ?

Also can the Green Grid be changed where the listening position is located without digging through .xml files ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well, thank you :D. Anyway I'm afraid the active presets cannot be changed. Digging through XML files is possible, but not recommended as the next installer would replace them anyway. So if you hate this so much for some reason, please just ignore this feature (after all plugins normally don't have it), and just use the standard preset system.

Edit: It's so funny, how extreme this can be. I can receive dozens emails saying just how awesome the new styles are, and then 1 saying that it cannot be worse :D. World is a strange place :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

It would be better if there was just one colour and it could be set by the user - on my monitor some colours show up blurry - I can't use the minimalistic skin (which is the only one I like) because of this

Well, it may be easier to look at with some styles & colors, but this has a point - the colors define groups. I personally think it helps a lot. But we can make a poll somewhere I guess...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

They define groups do they - what groups? That isn't clear. There is nothing to indicate what those groups actually mean beyond them being a different colour to other presets so they are pretty meaningless.

Check the docs ;). Anyway it's not always so specific, but presets with the same color has similar "character" - like soft or extreme or using side-chain for example. And even without that it makes sense - you open the plugin and know where the desired active preset is. Anyway just check MDynamics or MMultiBandDynamics, the colors have pretty obvious meaning there.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Well, thank you :D. Anyway I'm afraid the active presets cannot be changed. Digging through XML files is possible, but not recommended as the next installer would replace them anyway. So if you hate this so much for some reason, please just ignore this feature (after all plugins normally don't have it), and just use the standard preset system.
So it's only a partial skinning system then. You can't change these colors or the color of the grid. You can't "ignore" the preset colors unless you don't use the non-edit screen as shown below since they show up all the time. :shrug:
I'm not opposed to color coding preset categories but I'd like to use my own colors. Red and Green together are hideous......reminds of Christmas, a holiday I hate with unbound passion........
MeldaProduction wrote:Edit: It's so funny, how extreme this can be. I can receive dozens emails saying just how awesome the new styles are, and then 1 saying that it cannot be worse :D. World is a strange place :D.
Yes it is a strange world where anyone would think this is "awesome"

Also a strange world where "dozens" of people praise the new system by e-mail yet remain silent in public......... :hihi:

Anyway I've found a combination and created a color scheme I like but the partial skinning capabilities don't allow us to fully customize the skin.......which makes all the hard work of developing such an elaborate skinning system sort of pointless........ :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ok Teksonik, so

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=409164

Shouldn't be hard for you to find good replies. I'll be honest with you, I don't really care if you don't see good replies. I have the statistics as I'm monitoring all the channels. I also spent serious time sending various screenshots and creating statistic before the actual update. In the beginning I was surprised either, but I simply followed what customers thought. The opinions were very "wide", but one thing was certain - those who liked the old styles were a tiny minority.

Anyway since you have been rude from the first moment and are unable to even admit that somebody could have a different option than you do, and just started spreading unconstructive crap allover the forum (you know what I'm talking about), I'm considering this matter finished. If you'd ever want to have an actual discussion without insults everywhere, I'll gladly talk to you about that.

Btw. I wanted to add the original style too. But now it seems it makes no sense at all, you would find something else to use to swear at... So please just use the 7.13 available at http://www.meldaproduction.com/download/

Btw. from your definition a "true style engine" doesn't exist :).
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”