Flux plugins owners, what makes them special to you ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I'm all goo-goo eyed over the Flux sale, too. I REALLY don't need them, at this point. I've totally bought into Sonalksis and FabFilter for basic EQ / compression needs. But I have tried Alchemist in the past, and it was the only multi-band comp that compared with TC's MD3 (oh yeah... still using that, too). This sale by Flux has got me flummoxed... spending WAY too much time analyzing whether I wanna jump on it or not. I mean... through a reseller, you can buy into it all, including Alchemist, Syrah, Epure, Solera, Elixer, and all the comps and expanders for < $600. I'm finding it very hard NOT to go for it. I just like playing with all the near top of the line audio processors, and finding which I'm drawn to over time. At the same time... I know I don't NEED it... and certainly don't NEED to part with another $500+. What privileged times some of us are now living in (for certain things). Now... what to do... what to do...

Edit: BTW... I really WISH Flux was NOT having this sale so I wouldn't have to think about it. :ud: And if I can wait just a few more days... they won't be!
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

Hahahaha ....

this is the most accurate reflection Flux has thrown some people into a certain stage of mind.

One more week to think it over ...

I forgot to mention I`m looking for a complement aside UAD plugins
to have some matching players between coloration and/or transparency.

At the moment it looks like the Massey TapeHead and CT5 are going to make the race.

javahut wrote:Yeah, I'm all goo-goo eyed over the Flux sale, too. I REALLY don't need them, at this point. I've totally bought into Sonalksis and FabFilter for basic EQ / compression needs. But I have tried Alchemist in the past, and it was the only multi-band comp that compared with TC's MD3 (oh yeah... still using that, too). This sale by Flux has got me flummoxed... spending WAY too much time analyzing whether I wanna jump on it or not. I mean... through a reseller, you can buy into it all, including Alchemist, Syrah, Epure, Solera, Elixer, and all the comps and expanders for < $600. I'm finding it very hard NOT to go for it. I just like playing with all the near top of the line audio processors, and finding which I'm drawn to over time. At the same time... I know I don't NEED it... and certainly don't NEED to part with another $500+. What privileged times some of us are now living in (for certain things). Now... what to do... what to do...

Edit: BTW... I really WISH Flux was NOT having this sale so I wouldn't have to think about it. :ud: And if I can wait just a few more days... they won't be!
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Think I talked myself out of it. All it took was realizing that Alchemist is not yet x64 native (although it's supposed to be by 5/2014), so didn't even install it to verify how great it is again. Decided to install ePure v3 instead, since it is x64 and I've never tried it... and then realizing how limited in function it is compared to FabFilter's Pro-Q. Totally surprised by ePure's lack of an analyzer, and more importantly, only a single 12db high pass/low pass filter. It may sound great... don't know, listened to it on a few things and it sounded good but did not compare with Pro-Q... just couldn't get over the lack of analyzer and multiple hi/lo pass filter slopes... for what's supposed to be a fairly analytical EQ.

Alchemist alone would probably be worth getting the whole shebang at 50% off. But not sure I want to wait for x64 native. I'm sure Flux will have it, and they'll get it right. Just kinda feeling like Flux is a little behind the curve because of this... and more than a little behind FabFilter.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

Uh uh, was too busy, sorry for the delay ...

Your detailed review is much appreciated, I was waiting for something like this,
so, thank you ...

Looking at Flux and the sale now, I think it is a matter of how plugins "click" with you
and at the moment they don`t click with me.
It has nothing to do with the overall quality and Alchemist seems to be the most recognized product in their line.

However, the Massey plugins mentioned above do complement pretty well my UAD line
and although limited compared to Flux and others, they do sound "right".

Alright Fluxies, not this time ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

sinkmusic wrote:
Omkar wrote:I also wonder why Bittersweet v3 is such a pain on the neck
when installing it, pretty much confused with it
and not an inviting business card after all.
Yes, i feel pretty much the same way.
I like Bittersweet, but experienced several troubles while trying to install the newer version : getting v3 to work was a nightmare. I contacted the tech support, and it took 3 weeks to get a reply (well, ok, it's a free product, but still...), and in the end they suggested to switch back to v2.
There is no feature improvement from v2 to v3, just a buggy installer :P
I don't want to dismiss Flux, their plugins seems very good, just sharing my unfortunate experience with one of their free plugin... As you said, "not an inviting business card" ...
Hey dude, I know it's an old post but that's kind of discouraging that it took you three weeks to get a response. I tried installing V3 and it isn't working at all. The plugins won't load.

I have Elixir a paid product but it's kind of aggravating to have to wait so long to get a simple response. Basically they said please wait 48 hours for a response but it's been more like 5 days. Is it the norm to expect sh**ty support from this developer?

Their support is virtually nonexistent.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Seems good from this end. :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

If you are getting support that is amazing. Check out this thread and you will also see multiple parties complaining about not getting any responses. One guy worked on a basic issue with the developer for 8 months with little to no response and often responding months later. Another claimed he never heard the response. He also told a guy he was getting refunded since the product couldn't do what it claimed to do and it took him months to get a refund. I don't think I will ever buy another Flux product again. Asking for basic report and hoping that i might get a response months later... that's piss poor... there's just no excuses for that.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zo ... ir-v3.html

AC222 wrote:If you are getting support that is amazing. Check out this thread and you will also see multiple parties complaining about not getting any responses. One guy worked on a basic issue with the developer for 8 months with little to no response and often responding months later. Another claimed he never heard the response. He also told a guy he was getting refunded since the product couldn't do what it claimed to do and it took him months to get a refund. I don't think I will ever buy another Flux product again. Asking for basic report and hoping that i might get a response months later... that's piss poor... there's just no excuses for that.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-zo ... ir-v3.html
I'll certainly never deal with Flux again. I sent them several emails but they never got back. I'm very glad I sold all my Flux stuff.

Plus, there are plenty of alternatives just as good and cheaper.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”