Your most "fun" bit o' kit.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reason
No question
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:Reason
No question
+1 spaceman. Whenever I get too bogged down in stuff I play with Reason for a while. In that vein, however, I've been going there less and less because of push, so maybe that's really what I think is the most fun.

I guess Reaktor would be the easy answer but can be frustrating in equal measures.

I'll plump for my Audio Damage collection, Bigseq2, Automaton and Ronin. Many a happy hour spent running sequences through that unholy trinity.

My Squier Jazz Bass Active IV and the Cube 30

I like playing wiff me dongle.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I've got another one, but it's more of signal chain- Stratocaster with ebow played through Strymon Bigsky.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I've got another one, but it's more of signal chain- Stratocaster with ebow played through Strymon Bigsky.
well if we're doing that, then I'll mention the Korg ES-1 I have almost permanently routed through a T-Resonator.. ;).
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

werp wrote:I like playing wiff me dongle.
For hours and hours?? I am impressed :tu:

My V-Synth

A frame drum, or my ashiko, or my HAPI drum, or Korg Wavedrum. Or finger drumming on Maschine. Once in a while, my fretless bass.

Rarely does any of this go directly into recordings, but it's fun and inspiring.

aMUSEd wrote:My V-Synth
Interesting. I've considered one of these many times.
Sadly money always gets in the way :(
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Piano if I feel like going and sitting in front of it, but if not mandolin as it's small enough to sit anywhere with it in any position and play

The most immediate bits of stuff i have. i can't pick one; jumping around keeps me feeling creative. The more likely i am to be able to pick it up and quickly make sounds with it, and tweak them quickly and easily, the better. i'm not an instrumentalist by training, but i love a nice piano, a stringed instrument, percussion, and anything electronic that is quick to edit and welcoming of expressive playing (with knobs, wheels, pedals, aftertouch, etc).

Highlights of what i have:

- TLM103 microphone, for whatever, whenever (whenever it's quiet enough here), combined with any sound source i can grab hold of, whether it's an instrument or not (and my voice, but that's usually looking for content). This is first and foremost. Audio input and things that make sound. Period.

- Virus TI (easiest access of all the music electronics i have, right there on the front panel)

- My VG-99-equipped electric guitar (though the VG-99 is NOT a quick edit kind of environment, it offers a lot of capability not present on a guitar without). i don't make guitar music, but i love it as a sound source, and it forces a different set of note structures compared to keys.

- The pedal board in Logic. To every self-important wanker that complained about this being a non-professional useless toy add-on to Logic 9: you're self-important wankers who need to realize how PRODUCTIVE fun is. Grab a bunch of unique simple effects, move them around, swap them, adjust them, start over, etc... If i had the resources for a REAL pedal-board, i'd probably like that too, but i don't. For a guy that hates noise, i sure love distortion and noisy sounds in music. i'll happily treat ANY sound with these kinds of units. My Peavy TransTubeFEX is a real inspiring tool for ambient soundscapes (feedback loops), so let's add him in right here too ;-)

- MIDI controllers for performing synths. i'm not a trained player. i'm not even a decent player. But human input is absolutely better than sitting and creating all the content on the piano roll or step sequencer (though those can be useful/fun, and are often needed to clean up the human input :oops:). If i OWNED an actual piano, that would've been listed in this spot. Every time i sit at a real piano, i tend to create something new. A fantastic piano model (Pianoteq) or patch (Akai's Splendid Piano) can reproduce this effect when combined with fully weighted keys, but my Alesis Fusion is worlds away from the feel of a real piano.

- V-Synth XT - this is on my list in a "forward looking" capacity... for when i actually start sampling into it and creating new stuff with it. It's not as immediate as the Virus, but it's vastly capable and unique, and the presets show off such fantastic range of sounds... and it's a lot more real-time controllable, and more straight-forward than my Korg M3m (though the M3 is a great source of rhythm tracks when you play with the KARMA features via MIDI out...).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

iMaschine. That's actually what got me using Maschine in the first place.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”