Amaranth audio Cycle, your impressions ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cycle

wasi wrote:Come on. The dev posted that he was hoping v1.2 would resolve the issue. It didn't fix it for one user, whereupon he posted a suggested fix and nobody posted about it since. I for one do not have this issue, so it seems to be setup specific. Such is software development. If nobody is willing to report it and sit down and work it out with the dev, it never will be worked out.

Also, the last posting by the dev was today, the one before that the April 11, the one before that April 9, the one before that mid march. This here is not his forum. It's this odd KVR notion that if you complain loud enough here any dev will come rolling in and turn wherever you post into his temporary field hospital for bug fixing. That's simply not fair to devs in general and in particular to smaller developers that don't have an army of marketing hacks to curate their public image on whichever public forum happens to be trending.

I mean you know, suit yourself, but if you're not willing to file a bug report, don't make it look like it's the dev's fault. And stick to big devs if you expect an army of execs on your tail as soon as your post shows up on their google alerts inbox. Not that they will be any faster at fixing you up mind you.

There's a new version around the corner, maybe wait for that and if it's still not fixed, file a bug report. But yeah, it's just a synth. Life goes on. :D
the last posting about this issue on the devs website was in december. it hardly matters. its been reported, they know about it. if its too small an issue for them to spend more time fixing it...fine. im not saying they have to do anything. im saying, its a demo. i didnt pay for the the thing, i dont have a dog in this fight, if it doesnt work right out of the box, im not spending any time trying to fix it. ill just move on. will i try again when the next version comes out? maybe. i just dont see any reason why i should send in bug reports or fiddle with anything at all for a demo.
ImageImageImage

Really interesting synth, i played around with the presets for an hour or so, i'm just searching for something like Harmor for the mac...

I like Harmor's sound but i want it in MY DAW (logic)...

It looks like there is a no real re-synthesis like in harmor because i started to make my own patch after listening to the whole presets, but i failed, i need more time to see how everything works...! When i load a wav file into it, nothing happened, no sound, nothing... Hm.... But i will try tomorrow again..

Nice work, nice GUI and a :tu: for the Developer to make stgh. which is different, i like that...!

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

It doesn't do resynthesis - it's a synth not sample/resythesiser. Samples are loaded only as a reference.

I demoed this a while back and liked it but the lack of presets will keep this from selling for guys like me who are not going to take the time to design them. I would think a player version is something they should come out with. $40 player version like Poly KB and OPX sell their players for that. Synthmaster gives their player away free and you buy the presets through the synthmaster store.

yessongs wrote:I demoed this a while back and liked it but the lack of presets will keep this from selling for guys like me who are not going to take the time to design them. I would think a player version is something they should come out with. $40 player version like Poly KB and OPX sell their players for that. Synthmaster gives their player away free and you buy the presets through the synthmaster store.
+1 ...sounds clever !

Don't know if the dev still reads this forum, but i couldn't register on his forum because of that question . . .:(

Just tried the demo of Cycle and i must say i like it, BUT ...

- the interface is awfully dark and VERY hard to read for me (this probably can be adjusted in the main version? I saw a colour cube that did nothing)

- my sustain pedal doesn't work with this vsti (this is a problem that more vsti's have)

- preset browser is a bit tedious. Can't 'flip' through presets (only tried standalone so far, maybe in a host is different)

- in a synth like this it would be nice to have an effect that is not retriggered with every note (like in the Astral2b preset it would be nice if the effect kept 'evolving' in the phrase played)

Otherwise i like the style and the sound! :tu:

EDIT: I tried to check out the tutorials on the website, but that website is also NOT very friendly to people with 'less than perfect' eyesight . . . . :(

Less dark and more contrast please! :help:

You can flip through presets without opening the browser - just see the arrow buttons next to save preset.

aMUSEd wrote:You can flip through presets without opening the browser - just see the arrow buttons next to save preset.
Thanks for the info! . . . :)

But as I said due to the dark with very little contrast UI I could NOT see that!

Really? It's very visible on my monitor, maybe you need to adjust your brightness or gamma or something?

Already on full brightness! As I said I have 'less than perfect' eyesight. :(

That GUI is a problem for me and I hope it can be adjusted in the full version ...

i agree that it's a bit too dark, slightly brighter or more contrasted layouts won't cost much

Slarti wrote:.
Already on full brightness! As I said I have 'less than perfect' eyesight. :(

That GUI is a problem for me and I hope it can be adjusted in the full version ...
I see, unfortunately that isn't the case at the moment, however the gui seems to be vector/JUCE based so implementing some simple colour controls might be possible.

now on version 1.7 as of today
haven't a clue what it does or how it does it but it looks and sounds damned fine
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

After the recent new synth craze that we've been through, I'm actually looking forward to having another go at getting a grip on Cycle. Clearly Amaranth has been hard at work despite being overshadowed by all the new products coming out: I figure the new tutorial and features should help a lot. I still feel there's a lot of untapped sonic potential and interaction in this VI, but I'm still at the point where I can't really tell. :hihi:

@Amaranth: Thanks for all the work you're doing! So I figure I'd start fresh, backup my old personal presets and uninstall the older versions. Trouble is I can't seem to get rid of the last version in Program and Features (there were 3!) on W7-64. No matter what I do the install folder is still populated, the dll's are still in my VST folders, and this last Cycle item in Programs and Features doesn't work; probably one of the older uninstalls messed something up. Is there another or a manual uninstall procedure for this? I'm not installing 1.7 till I know my system is clean of the older versions.

And BTW are older presets compatible with v. 1.7?

TIA

Sound Demos using the factory presets ;)

MillerSam
Synth Anatomy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbXesOFwtH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-OLAYNab2g
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”