Timeless Downfall [Electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys :)

I'd like to share my new track 'Timeless Downfall'
I'm not quite sure about the mix, is it too messy like that ?
anyway, i hope you like what you hear !
i appreciate any kind of suggestions, critics etc.
thanks for taking time :)

https://soundcloud.com/qatarsis/timeless-downfall

cheers
qatarsis

There were some very nice sounds in this tune. I enjoyed the dark, swampy, brooding vibe. To me the piece comes off mainly as a beat with bass and atmospherics. To my ears, the tune would be more engaging with more melodic content - either lead lines, arps, etc. I really felt that the tempo change at 2:27 pulled down the energy of the tune. An enjoyable listen

Definitely an entertaining piece. I liked the dark atmosphere and the sound choices were good. this would be good for OST applications. I think maybe a not-too upfront "thin" lead sound playing a slow dark melodic motif might help this. I dunno, maybe a 'tron string or brass line in the background, just to add even more unease.

Good work :)

@ecamburn: thanks alot man, really glad to hear that ! i like how you describe the sound with swampy / broody actually :P
i get your point with the melody, i'll see what i can do, will definitely try to change that or to add some new part with a melody

@seismic: thanks alot man :) whats an OST application :X ? yeah, i'll see what i can do there, some kind of additional theme / melody / new instrument in general will be good for sure ! the brass line-idea sounds really interesting, i'd like to find a nice fitting sample but thats so hard to find :D

anyway, thanks for the nice words and suggestion guys, will upload a new version soon here :)

best regards and happy easter ;)
qatarsis

Original Soundtrack.

Happy Easter :)

Return to “Music Cafe”