A River, A Wind, An Orange Sky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i enjoyed that , especially the dissolve , at the end ...
i did find the repeated chording a tad , errmm , repetitive ...
you could , perhaps , play with that a bit , but the overall mood and feel of the
piece was quite good ...

experimental.crow wrote:i enjoyed that , especially the dissolve , at the end ...
i did find the repeated chording a tad , errmm , repetitive ...
you could , perhaps , play with that a bit , but the overall mood and feel of the
piece was quite good ...
Thanks for the feedback crow.

I agree about the repetitive thing.
Sometimes it seems right, sometime too repetitive.
Depends on the day.. :)

Lovely mood. All the instruments sounds great.

I would remove the click in the kick though. It seems a little
unnecessary in this type of track.

Enjoyed it just the same :)

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote:Lovely mood. All the instruments sounds great.

I would remove the click in the kick though. It seems a little
unnecessary in this type of track.

Enjoyed it just the same :)

Cheers :tu:

Thats a good point...

When mixing this one, those drums poised some questions such as:
-Does the tune need drums?
-Should they be VERY low in the mix?
-Should they be clear (click on the kick) but with reverb all over?

Usually I let the tune itself dictate what it needs.
It just a matter of listening to what it needs... :wink:

Good job. Quite relaxing.

Apart from the slight clickiness of the kick (I thought a more natural kick would be in order), I really liked the soporific atmosphere which is just great for late Sunday listening. The sounds are well-chosen and complement/support the guitar. Did you use a "vinyliser" on here or am I hearing SC-encoding artefacts (0:24-0:26 left-channel, maybe a couple other places too)?

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Apart from the slight clickiness of the kick (I thought a more natural kick would be in order), I really liked the soporific atmosphere which is just great for late Sunday listening. The sounds are well-chosen and complement/support the guitar. Did you use a "vinyliser" on here or am I hearing SC-encoding artefacts (0:24-0:26 left-channel, maybe a couple other places too)?

Good work :)
What you are hearing with your fine tuned ears is what my Aunt Flo used to call a ............. Ruff Mix.

But she was prone to enjoying clicky sounds due to low batteries on her less then top quality hearing aid.

The clicks were rhythmic enough and resembling Scottish sword dances known to Flo as Gillie Callum.

"Sword dance were included at a reception for Anne of Denmark at Edinburgh in 1589.

By profile, Flo resembled Anne of Denmark, notably her nose.
Thus she became intrigued and delighted by Scottish sword dances and, yes, clicky sounds. :D

I find the piece interesting. It's not repetitive! 8)
Many Ambient pieces are much more repetitive… one thing to consider is: most people nowadays have lost the ability of listening well, to discover slight changes in tones. It's perhaps due to the fact that music for the masses - like dance, techno etc.- has dictated, imposed its own patterns.

I can recommend you to listen to Steve Roach's pieces, some of them seem to be endless……

Frantz wrote:Good job. Quite relaxing.

Thanks, and cheaper then Scotch, the good stuff anyways. :)

Enjoyed this. Maybe put a very long tail reverb on the click?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Delfinoverde wrote:I find the piece interesting. It's not repetitive! 8)
Many Ambient pieces are much more repetitive… one thing to consider is: most people nowadays have lost the ability of listening well, to discover slight changes in tones. It's perhaps due to the fact that music for the masses - like dance, techno etc.- has dictated, imposed its own patterns.

I can recommend you to listen to Steve Roach's pieces, some of them seem to be endless……
Its true that the chordal and melodic structure does change regularly.
As mentioned, the changes are subtle but apparent.
I think sometimes a slow pace gets confused with repetition.

Anyway thanks for the vote of support. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”