Hot Hog Infusion - ElectroProg (Seismic Landmark)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ecamburn wrote:This is an enjoyable romp. Very upbeat without being sappy. Your mixes are really clear and transparent. Cool transition at 2:20. Love all the different arps in this one. Some great energy building at the end. Nice one!
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments. Glad you liked it :)

I usually layer pads or basses, but this time I thought I'd try it with the arps. They seem to complement each other. The arp at 2:20 is Synth1.

astrochimp wrote:i often don't like upbeat music, but this one is just wonderful! :) :tu:
Thanks very much for the kind comments, Clemens. Glad you liked it :hug:

any1particular wrote:Verrrrrry, very nice Tim....I love the poly rhythms you have going on hear-yes spelling intended-....great tones...the mix is nice and clear....the arpeggiation has a nice african ish vibe to it...and the main synth is sooooooo nice and phatt...in fact I would say -no cheese all phatt!!!!!!.....hehehehe NICE!!!! :)
Thanks very much for the nice comments, Chuck. Glad you liked it, and thanks very much for listening :)

I think the lower registers of that arp at the beginning might have a slightly African timbre or character.

One of the new tracks I'm currently working on sees me revisiting the Far East :wink:

layzer wrote: i can visualize Frantz slumping way down under his desk trying to dodge the prancing piglet :lol: :lol: :lol:
The "prancing piglet" sounds like a questionable drinking establishment from a Tolkein story. :)

polyslax wrote:Arps, you say? Yeah, I s'pose I heard a few. :)

Nice work Tim. The interplay of parts is where you often seem to create your magic, and this is no exception. Lots of cool rhythmic happenings here, really enjoyed the listen!

Looking forward to you being unchained from the remixes… should be an interesting ride. :)
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I have almost no idea what do do next, but I'm currently messing around with another
"Chinese techno" piece. :-o

Enjoyable piece. I like the section that starts around 2:18 best. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

I like the rubbery texture of that hog fried initial structure.
It was worth the many mixes to get that pig Latin lucidity languid and lipizzan.
Now pigs CAN fly. :)

Frantz wrote:I gave it another listen. The hats still sound loud. The finish starting at 5:00 still sounds cluttered to me but I don't see it as a mix issue. It may be unavoidable when so many parts are playing at once.
seismic1 wrote:The piglet synth was originally a much thinner, more metallic sound which died with my old computer.
A metallic sound would have been more to my liking. I think there is a sonic mismatch between the piglet synth and the massive bass although it could be one of your intentional contrasts. Having said that, my arbitrary likes and dislikes don't need to factor into your composition process.
The hats are quite prominent on here. I might revisit those later in the year.

I'm renaming that patch right now. It currently has a name derived from an arcane and unintelligible system devised by myself, and which does not lend itself to practicality. Prancing Piglet is far more descriptive and memorable. I am probably going to re-use this patch in a new Berlin School influenced track I started work on tonight, with some changes to the envelope settings.

seismic1 wrote:I am probably going to re-use this patch in a new Berlin School influenced track I started work on tonight, with some changes to the envelope settings.
You're a stubborn man. Next time I don't like a patch, I'll tell you how wonderful it sounds. I expect you'll then change it immediately. :hihi:

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I am probably going to re-use this patch in a new Berlin School influenced track I started work on tonight, with some changes to the envelope settings.
You're a stubborn man. Next time I don't like a patch, I'll tell you how wonderful it sounds. I expect you'll then change it immediately. :hihi:
i'm interested in a prancing piglet patch bank :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: i'm interested in a prancing piglet patch bank :love:
Don't tell me you want it for "March of Prancing Piglet." :dog:

Frantz wrote:
layzer wrote: i'm interested in a prancing piglet patch bank :love:
Don't tell me you want it for "March of Prancing Piglet." :dog:
why, yes... i think with some creative tweaking of his original patch, many useful patches with piglets prancing in various styles can be achieved. the prancing robot piglet and the prancing macarena piglet to name a few :wheee:

layzer wrote:prancing macarena piglet
:tantrum: Please don't even joke about such a thing!

Frantz wrote:
layzer wrote:prancing macarena piglet
:tantrum: Please don't even joke about such a thing!
:lol:

D.H. Miltz wrote:Enjoyable piece. I like the section that starts around 2:18 best. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, DHM. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I like the way that the arp at 2:18 seems to confuse the timing of the piece, although it's all quite regular.

Return to “Music Cafe”