DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tp3 wrote:
DaveGamble wrote:So, no major new features or anything. This is really a stability update. But quite a stability update. ;)
A +LOT+ of bugfixing and bugfinding went into this one. :)
Is there anything to add upon ?? :-o :o :shock:

This is, like, the most accomplished EQ... EVER (?)

Now please start a new project. you can call it, say, nCOMPass... :wink: (Alias : "SmartAss" :lol:)
There are feature requests, and once the dust from this release settles they'll be going in ;)

I'm after zero known defects. The point of this release is that it addresses all instabilities and 90% of bugs I've had reported. The remaining 10% is essentially aesthetic or REALLY obscure use-cases.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Thanks for the updates.

Speaking of feature requests, would it be possible to have the band-listen feature use the selected filter type? Band listening to a 4kg high shelf for example doesn't really give an accurate representation of the affected frequencies.

Cheers!

Eleventh wrote:Thanks for the updates.

Speaking of feature requests, would it be possible to have the band-listen feature use the selected filter type? Band listening to a 4kg high shelf for example doesn't really give an accurate representation of the affected frequencies.

Cheers!
Already on the feature request list :)

There's an upper limit to how well I can do, because some of the shapes are pretty wacky, but I'll do my best ;)

Dave.

Dave thanks so much for the updates and the attention to detail. Equilibrium is just fantastic--the more I use it the more I like it

The downloads on the site now include VST3/mac/32bit and AAX/win/64bit fixes.
If you are experiencing issues, please re-download. Note that version numbers have not changed, but these issues have been remedied.

Any chance of a sale soon? At the normal price is almost impossible for me to even think about buying it.

e@rs wrote:Any chance of a sale soon? At the normal price is almost impossible for me to even think about buying it.
Sorry, we don't do sales. On the other hand, if you're a student, there's a 50% discount available?

Dave.

Unfortunately I'm not.

I will demo EQuality now.

I keep thinking about this. I love Compassion. So often I go get a "analog modeled" comp and try it and it sounds nice and then I go back to Compassion because it sounds better. Mostly i just use the "mods" to get in ballpark, and then tweak the basic parameters to get what I want. But sometimes I've trying to get something that I can't quite reach, and the "advanced" controls are too complex/interactive to easily use. I'd like way to make it faster to get to where you want to go.

So some idea. probably not good ideas but here they are

1. Group the advanced mods by adjective: "harder, " softer, sharp round, dirt--adjectives that call to mind a shape or color to the sound. This could be an option, rather than a default. Sounds dumb probably, especially since Compassion's advanced settings are based on what's actually going on in comp circuit. But it's hard fro me to get my head around, say, what "bleed" is doing.

2. Make the response graph more useful. Can the response graph, or something like it, change shape as the advanced mods are adjusted? Right now it does but it's small and hard to see the changes. Maybe visual feedback on what the advanced controls do?

Obviously it's all about the ears, but I'd like to to be easier to take advantage of what Compassion can do.

After a lot of research, I finally bit the bullet and bought DMG EQuilibrium today. It was either this or Sonoris MEQ. Looking forward to getting stuck in and setting up a nice HPF/Low Shelf/5 Band Peak/High Shelf/LPF combo mastering preset, for before I hit the transfer DAC.

This thing looks DEEEEEEEEEP!

Hey guys

Since The GUI can be configured from full-blown to minimal, I'd like to set up Equilibrium as my default channel EQ. I recently tried the TDR SlickEQ and completely fell in love with the high shelving band. Not so much special in other areas, though. Pretty minimalist for acoustic instruments. Can anybody give me some hints as to how to achieve the same with Equality?

To my ears, the SlickEQ's High shelve is very clean in every aspect (doesn't seem to mess with the phase, doesn't seem to ring, doesn't sound distorted) and just makes things brighter without changing the overall character.

So what's the trick?

Cheers!
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:Hey guys

Since The GUI can be configured from full-blown to minimal, I'd like to set up Equilibrium as my default channel EQ. I recently tried the TDR SlickEQ and completely fell in love with the high shelving band. Not so much special in other areas, though. Pretty minimalist for acoustic instruments. Can anybody give me some hints as to how to achieve the same with Equality?
Without looking, I'd guess it's a 1st order shelf, from the way you describe it. It's under high shelf subtypes in EQuilibrium. EQuality doesn't have a 1st order shelf, but you can approximate it with a 2nd order shelf and Q=0.5.

If you were to load it into a plugin analyser and post a screenshot of the curve shape, I'd be able to tell you more :)

Dave.

Good to see you here again Dave, where have you been?
Busy creating some new insane stuff or what?

Compact? (Ya know, Compassion's little brother or sister…..)

Hey,
33tetragammon wrote:Good to see you here again Dave, where have you been?
Here, updating plugins. AAX DSP. Making new plans.
Busy creating some new insane stuff or what?
Yes.
Compact? (Ya know, Compassion's little brother or sister…..)
Yes, but it's not the next product. Might be a little way down the line actually - I've also been doing loads of circuit modelling research, so there's a question as to whether compact should incorporate that or not, and the resultant time delay involved in me being happy with how things sound ;)

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: I've also been doing loads of circuit modelling research, so there's a question as to whether compact should incorporate that or not, and the resultant time delay involved in me being happy with how things sound ;)
Let me help out with that question; the answer is yes. :wink:

Return to “Effects”