Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I got my replacement copy of Fanfare from MF today and it registered fine.

So that leads me to believe that SL is not actively pulling serials sold by MF. As stated earlier, my working theory is that something happened to render these serials invalid (theft, mislabeling, whatever no one really knows). If a theft occurred, then indeed the question is who is responsible to pay for it? The money has to come out of someone's pocket and if the thief is unknown, it's not like you can "charge the guilty" (which would of course be the ideal).

I also have a copy of SL Fanfare, purchased from Music123 (which is the same company as MF, GC, etc as far as I know). I guess I'll call or email them on Monday after the holiday weekend and see if they can send me a working copy. Astonisher, what did you say to get them to give you a working replacement? It seem from the previous posts like they're just offering refunds to most people - I'd really like to have this product.

I didn't do anything special, just called the support number on MF's website. They offered to send the replacement. I have a feeling I was offered the replacement because I called/asked early on. It seems they started giving out refunds afterwards.

I would say your best bet is to reach out and specifically request a replacement instead of a refund if that's what you want. Note though that someone else who bought from Music123 (through Amazon) received a replacement that still didn't work. So that scenario is entirely possible. Seems like it's luck of the draw.

Uncle E wrote:Yes, I completely agree again. Even in that scenario, though, who bares the cost while that's all being figured out? All I know is I'm glad I'm not in SL's shoes right now, I genuinely feel bad for them.
Now that is worthy of consideration. At first it would seem to fall on MF's hands as the product was abused while in their care. On the other hand, if I was storing a boat for a friend at my house, and it was stolen, I could hardly expect MY home owners insurance to cover their boat. This is why having an agreement with a reseller is SOOOOO critical, um, as you, um, are TOTALLY aware of! :lol:

Anyway, it is ashamed as I have steered clear of several software creators due to the "iffy-ness" of their policies.

Jon

Music123 got back to me regarding my 2nd non-working copy of Fanfare. They are offering a full refund.

Let's be detectives: I noticed the first 5 digits of the serial numbers for each of my two copies of Fanfare were similar. This makes me think that might correspond to a 'lot' number. So, I'm going to post them here (again, just the first 5 digits of the 25 digit serial number, not the whole number). If other people post their first 5 and a WORKING or NOT WORKING tag, maybe we can learn more about the issue.

NOT WORKING: 91304-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
NOT WORKING: 91305-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

These are amazing!

killer deal
Slate VBC Virtual Buss Compressors is on sale for $99, its lowest price ever. This is a 24 hour sale, ending tomorrow, April 21, at 12:00midnight PST:

Slate Digital VBC Virtual Buss Compressors
dw

dusted william wrote:These are amazing!

killer deal
Slate VBC Virtual Buss Compressors is on sale for $99, its lowest price ever. This is a 24 hour sale, ending tomorrow, April 21, at 12:00midnight PST:

dw
Thank you! Here's the working link:

thejonsolo wrote: ... worthy of consideration. At first it would seem to fall on MF's hands as the product was abused while in their care. On the other hand, if I was storing a boat for a friend at my house, and it was stolen, I could hardly expect MY home owners insurance to cover their boat. This is why having an agreement with a reseller is SOOOOO critical, um, as you, um, are TOTALLY aware of! :lol:

Anyway, it is ashamed as I have steered clear of several software creators due to the "iffy-ness" of their policies.

Jon
Legally, it would be your insurance that had the responsibility of covering it (however at its pro-rated value).
I Know this because I've had equipment stole while being stored from a house with homeowners insurance not my own, and their insurance covered it. (Mostly, I still took a loss).
But this is completely different and the same rules wouldn't apply unless the physical copies were taken too. I've contacted SL and their initial reply was more in playing ignorant to there being any problem in the first place. The longer this goes on, the less I believe them.

http://www.resonance-sound.com/easter-s ... -products/

25% off on www,Resonance-Sound.com on all soundsets & samples till 22th April. :wink:

thejonsolo wrote:At first it would seem to fall on MF's hands as the product was abused while in their care.

Jon
Your assumption that the product was "abused while in their care" comes only from the perspective of the accuser - who, in MY personal experience, is NOT someone whose word is trustworthy.

As someone who has spent many (many,) thousands of dollars with Musician's Friend over the past 17 years without a single incident of this nature, and encountering two SEPARATE issues with Sample Logic products not installing/licensing in the past 2 months (one directly from his website) I know which party I believe.

Again, I'm only going on my personal experience, and not on what I've read.

thenumber23 wrote:Music123 got back to me regarding my 2nd non-working copy of Fanfare. They are offering a full refund.

Let's be detectives: I noticed the first 5 digits of the serial numbers for each of my two copies of Fanfare were similar. This makes me think that might correspond to a 'lot' number. So, I'm going to post them here (again, just the first 5 digits of the 25 digit serial number, not the whole number). If other people post their first 5 and a WORKING or NOT WORKING tag, maybe we can learn more about the issue.

I think listing the serials that are not working is a good idea, it would also be nice to know the serials that are working.

It maybe worth putting them in this thread, so they are easy to update and find.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=408603

It seems the odds are against me getting a working Fanfare when it does arrive,
it looks like the latest ones are all failing.

The good image of Musicians Friend has been much strengthened through all this, not so Sample Logic.

LoopyFruit wrote:
thenumber23 wrote:Music123 got back to me regarding my 2nd non-working copy of Fanfare. They are offering a full refund.

I think listing the serials that are not working is a good idea, it would also be nice to know the serials that are working.

It maybe worth putting them in this thread, so they are easy to update and find.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=408603

It seems the odds are against me getting a working Fanfare when it does arrive,
it looks like the latest ones are all failing.

The good image of Musicians Friend has been much strengthened through all this, not so Sample Logic.

Hey that my thread! ;-)
Thats a good idea. My Rumble and Fanfare arrived this morning. Im out on the beer at the mo so I wont be home to try them for at least another hour.

JFI: Sample Logic confirmed via their FB page they will support Fanfare when bought @ Best Service 100% for their current sale price of $173.48 (USD). (Download Only)

Another non-working Fanfare:
91304-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Some help would be great here. Just installed Rumble fine but Fanfare with the 91304 starting serial will not activate through service centre. It keeps hanging on "activating product" and wont go any further.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”