Polyslax - This Place And Time + Tsarchasm

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stubbornly holding to my routine of ambient piano, synth and a bit of groove. A dash of ethnicity in this one. The main synth is a bit drone-y, a bit digeridoo-y, perhaps. Any resemblance to time stretched wub step is purely coincidental.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/this-place-and-time

A guitar sketch that went nowhere. Offered in "as is" condition.

https://soundcloud.com/polyslax/tsarchasm
Image Image

Love the playfulness of these Matt! It's like you are releasing your inner child or at least the pressures of the day. Nice oriental and didg mix.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Cheers John! I'm definitely a big proponent of keeping the inner child alive and at play. :)
Image Image

Me too! Sometimes I have to encourage him a bit, but it's worth it! ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

oh, the sketch really ended abruptly. both tracks are great (as always!), but i think the sketch really shouldn't have been much longer or should have transformed into something else to make it work as a whole song.

This Place and Time - Wow. poly haz teh wubz :lol: There's definitely more than a dash of ethnic content in here with the didgeridu, and the tuned and untuned percussion. Great how the piano came along and washed away the dark, almost gloomy, pre-dawn atmosphere of the first half of the track away, like the sunrise.

Good work :)

Allomerus wrote:Me too! Sometimes I have to encourage him a bit, but it's worth it! ;)
:tu: Indeed!
astrochimp wrote:oh, the sketch really ended abruptly. both tracks are great (as always!), but i think the sketch really shouldn't have been much longer or should have transformed into something else to make it work as a whole song.
Thanks Clemens! I ran into some technical difficulties with the pitch shifting I was using on the guitar… it wasn't behaving in a predictable way, and I just kind of gave up… who knows, maybe it'll be recycled some day. :)
seismic1 wrote:This Place and Time - Wow. poly haz teh wubz :lol: There's definitely more than a dash of ethnic content in here with the didgeridu, and the tuned and untuned percussion. Great how the piano came along and washed away the dark, almost gloomy, pre-dawn atmosphere of the first half of the track away, like the sunrise.

Glad you like it Tim, thanks! I know, eh, me gettin all wubby! :) That was the Micromac doing the wubberidoo, processed through MF-102->Biscuit->Sherman FB->H9.
Image Image

This Place And Time - Started off sounding strange but made perfect sense by the end. Very good.

Tsarchasm - Good track title. Not bad but perhaps it could be developed further.

' this place and time ' might well be that faint music , beckoning from the small alleyway , deep in the budayeen ...
beware , marîd , beware ...

delightful stuff. 'this place and time' is great and i like the intent of 'tsarchasm'.

excellent work Matt :)

neil.

Many thanks friends!

e.c - haven't read those books, but I'm on the lookout for my next read…

Neil - good to see you round. :)
Image Image

Tsarchasm - First wubz, now we have auto-tune. DJ Slax is mobilising for an assault on the club scene. I really liked what was going on between 0:30 and 0:40. Nice soundscape material there. Nice job with the percussion too.

Tsarchasm - Very cool guitar sound. Nothing wrong with sketches.

This Place and Time - Great mix of sounds. This one's going in the polyslax archives. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”