Latest Builds: Rev 2242 April 13

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

new user here (since yesterday): crashed while using newest U-he Diva (build 2242, because official older one had permission issues during installation) AND going over 100% cpu mark on OS X 10.9.2 in ableton Live. Don't know if it's Live's or Diva's fault (also sent a crash report to ableton) but it is reproducable as in everytime I go over 100%, Live will crash. This does not happen on my PC (also in Live)

Do you have a crash log for us?

Is this a carsh in the sense that the application quits? Or is it merely something like an audio drop out?

- Urs

Ableton completely crashes (with crash report afterwards). Will update this post later once I have read up on how to to do crash reports on Diva ;-)
edit: where do I need to put the Diva.log file on OSX? In the Library VST folder where Diva resides?

markus.schloesser wrote:Ableton completely crashes (with crash report afterwards). Will update this post later once I have read up on how to to do crash reports on Diva ;-)
edit: where do I need to put the Diva.log file on OSX? In the Library VST folder where Diva resides?
If it completely crashes, then there should be a crash report which contains a lot of gibberish that's useful for us. Usually MacOS X asks if you want to send it to Apple, but you can just copy it and paste into an email or so.

The Diva.log file is something else and it needs to go on your desktop (create an empty text file, then Diva logs some stuff into it)

Please send both to support at u-he dot com, and maybe a quick recipe on how to reproduce it.

Thanks,

- Urs

Live also has its own internal crash report system. I don't know if it can be of any help (it's not in clear text) but it can be found in /User[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live Reports.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:Live also has its own internal crash report system. I don't know if it can be of any help (it's not in clear text) but it can be found in /User[username]/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Live Reports.

/Joachim
Yes, that's the horror. Makes debugging impossible for us. In such cases we need to shovel debugging off to Ableton.

The Diva.log on the desktop would certainly help though, and nothing beats a recipe for us to reproduce the issue :)

...ACE AAX64 seems to work so far under current public PT 11.1.2 on current Mac OS X.

Will come back if i still find "bugs" or similar on my environment.

Many thanks urs,

Niels.
---
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com

B+B patches for Novation Peak:
http://dettenbach.com/sounds/synthesize ... ation_peak

has anybody else had the bug where the transpose of zebra and diva will be changed through automation in ableton when copying clips? Say one clip the transpose on zebra is set to 0, when I copy it the copy will be automated to -24? Noticed this keeps happening, at least to me, definitely zebra, sometimes diva. Running the latest Live beta and OSX 10.9.2

Chris

@chrisrich93: Did you try 'MidiUnlearn' for the Transposition?

I can't reproduce my issue anymore (of course), but it happened every time (3 times in a row) when I went over 100% on the day I commented here.
I could post the Live crash reports here if they were helpful?

markus.schloesser wrote:I can't reproduce my issue anymore (of course), but it happened every time (3 times in a row) when I went over 100% on the day I commented here.
I could post the Live crash reports here if they were helpful?
Please just send via email to support at u-he dot com

Btw. there can be a lot of reasons. Did you have a "regular" Diva installed before, such as rev 2159?

Hi,
Sorry if it's already said.
I've found a strange behave in Diva and Zebra in the lastest build, probably due to the new browser enhancement.
If I close and reopen the GUI current preset is not highlited.
Also if you scroll down to the patch list (in zebra to the right) and change the bank (the folder on the left) the patch list remain in the lastest position.
I think that normaly it will scroll up every time I change the folder, right?
I'm on windows 8 and Ableton 9 64bit.
Sorry for my little english,
Cheers,
Mauro.
God save the Groove!

maurone dj wrote:Hi,
Sorry if it's already said.
I've found a strange behave in Diva and Zebra in the lastest build, probably due to the new browser enhancement.
If I close and reopen the GUI current preset is not highlited.
Also if you scroll down to the patch list (in zebra to the right) and change the bank (the folder on the left) the patch list remain in the lastest position.
I think that normaly it will scroll up every time I change the folder, right?
I'm on windows 8 and Ableton 9 64bit.
Sorry for my little english,
Cheers,
Mauro.
Yeah, one of our VST3 workarounds screwed that up. It'll be back in the next build, I hope. The preset name should then be visible again.

However, the folders will now always open with only the highest level unfolded, and the path to the current preset. Lower levels will be collapsed by default.

Urs wrote:Hi all,

Here are the latest builds of our stuff, ready for public testing:

Mac:

Satin2242Mac.zip

Important Note for Satin users: If you update Satin from a version prior to 1.1.1 then you can't easily "go back" because presets saved with the new version don't open in older versions. Please back up your projects with Satin before you update, then restore them if you need to go back to Satin 1.1 or 1.0 (which we hope you don't have to)
Hi
I haven't updated Satin for a long time.
I still get the occasional problem where no audio at all passes through Satin when used as an insert. I have to bypass Satin for audio to pass through and shut down Logic and reboot to fix it.

Logic 10.0.6
OSX 10.9.2

If I install the latest build will it open older user presets and will it open Satin in existing Logic projects?

Thanks

Beatworld wrote: If I install the latest build will it open older user presets and will it open Satin in existing Logic projects?
This will work, previous presets and projects are no problem. But the other way round ('going back') is problematic.

I'd suggest you to make a copy of your project in question (backups are always good...) before trying anything new (not only u-he related...). Many hosts do automatic backups and some tend to overwrite the project without asking.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Return to “u-he”