[IDMish] Temporary Eternity by Promote Yourself

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Durschlack on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

This tune has a very unique structure. A nice moody intro with a pad that sounds like muffled reversed piano type sounds. Then in comes this crunchy, bit crushed beat that progresses in interesting ways for a couple of minutes. During this time there's no melodic content just beats. Then around 3:20 something the pad sound returns and the beat carries on. Around 4:30 the beat basically stops and the pad takes over now with a bass. A soft, kind of floaty vibe to this section.

A lot of creative sounds and sequencing in this tune, and a very novel structure. I generally liked what I heard. The drum programming and drum sound design is very expressive. You get a lot of vowel type sounds out of the percussion reminiscent of some Boards of Canada stuff. Nice work.

I liked it. There's quite a contrast between the fairly dry and dirty sounding percussion section and the pad-fuelled ambience of the later stages of the track. It all fits together very well.

Good work :)

Good stuff! Thank you for offering the free download, this is my kind of experimental beats!

Thank you for listening good people

Return to “Music Cafe”