combining two clips

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have two different clips containing drum patterns I want to have in one clip together. what is the easiest way to do that?

dddavisss wrote:I have two different clips containing drum patterns I want to have in one clip together. what is the easiest way to do that?
copy/paste

I would like to see a key function so you can blend two midi clips, in most of my other daws, I can just drop one clip on top of another, but unless you can do that all you can do is place the clips side by side or duplicate to some spare space after arrangement and copy manually note be notes. Nothing more relevant than merging drum midi.

Definitely a plus one for holding a key while dragging to overlay events, +1
New Drum & bass and trance mixes for April 2014 (also Breaks And eclectic DJ mix sets) http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

ditto! +1 or how ever it goes.

I will definitely like to see a way to merge clips more easily than C/P.

Particularly if the clips contain same notes so that when C&P I don't end up with duplicates on top of each other. This drives VST's mad sometimes.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

How would clip merge deal with clip automations?

merging clips would be great, the copy and paste then isnt as elegant as it could be. I am coming from reaper where I can just layer whatever I want on top of each other and "glue" it. It would be amazing also if bitwig supported something similar to the free item positioning reaper has in its arrange view.

dddavisss wrote:merging clips would be great, the copy and paste then isnt as elegant as it could be. I am coming from reaper where I can just layer whatever I want on top of each other and "glue" it. It would be amazing also if bitwig supported something similar to the free item positioning reaper has in its arrange view.
If you layer two clips that both have modwheel automation, how does Reaper deal with it?

it just takes the highest value, which for me would not likely be much of a frustration.

Return to “Bitwig”